Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Video about Model S touch screen user interface design

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting that he said driver profiles can be linked to key. Obviously that function hasn't made it to production.

Also liked the "get me to freeway" shortcut. I'd like to be able to say "navigate to 101 North" and it would get me to the ramp.

I didn't find anything really earth-shattering in the presentation -- it's all kinda outdated now, although still interesting to see some of the UX wireframe mock-ups.

Also liked the "get me to freeway" shortcut. I'd like to be able to say "navigate to 101 North" and it would get me to the ramp.

Yeah, that is a nice feature.

What I found cool was the following video Youtube played, which was a 2012 interface walk-through, including this panel, which has never made it into production, unfortunately:

untitled1.jpg

Thanks Troy, nice "inside" stuff. Great seeing the mock-ups, esp. the "flat" look that freaks so many people out (maybe it has been an ongoing battle at Mothership too lol).

Finally some explanation (apology almost lol) of "settings" vs. "controls"
confused.gif

Interesting that he said driver profiles can be linked to key. Obviously that function hasn't made it to production.

Perhaps key to profile had too many issues around crushed eggs and worse.. ?

As for "get me outta here" I think it just needs to be positioned into something more friendly and less GTA-like, eg. just big blue directional on-screen arrows.