Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Video Breakdown/Walkthrough For Version 11 (2021 Holiday Update)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I absolutely hate the new UI.

It had a form of elegance to it that has been replaced by old crap-phone design.
I hate it too. Important info and controls now needs searching through the menus while zooming down the highway. Need to store a dashcam clip after a scary situation on the road? One click before, now deep in menus. Checking and changing seat heating status, buried deep in menus.
Silly multimedia gimmicks such as toybox and streaming - prime real estate and configurable. Why not let us customize and put real controls there?
Whoever came up with this nonsense, please DON‘T!

Need to store a dashcam clip after a scary situation on the road?
Not an ideal solution, but you can configure the dashcam to save footage when you honk the horn. I haven’t played with the new dashcam icon on the control bar to see if it does anything other than display the viewer. Hopefully Tesla will update the owners manual soon and we might discover shortcuts that we don’t yet know about.

I will add my vote for the old UI. For the old version, somebody had thought carefully about what you should be able to do with one press (like the windshield defogger). Now all sorts of essential functions are in a submenu, and even the new app icons are pretty small to see while actually driving. But hey, we are in autopilot all the time, right?

The owner's manual is now available (e.g. Model 3 Owner's Manual).

Where do they list the shortcuts? It does not seem to mention swiping up from the bottom of the screen.
The manual was updated, but some of the content still refers to the pre-v11 UI. Shortcuts were never documented all in one place, each feature section documented shortcuts and controls relevant to that feature.