Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Video Conferencing is ‘Definitely a Future Feature’ for Tesla Vehicles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Zooming in your Tesla may mean more than taking a drive.

As video conferencing services such as Zoom have become increasingly adopted by consumers, particularly during the COVID-19 pandemic, Tesla plans to add a video conferencing feature.

Tesla Chief Executive Elon Musk confirmed the plans on Twitter, saying it’s “definitely a future feature.”

Tesla’s Model 3 already has a rearview mirror camera that will record a break-in or monitor the car in the event Tesla deploys a Robotaxi fleet. The camera could also be used as a webcam for conferencing in the car. Not to mention, Tesla cars are equipped with screens well-suited for video.

Last edited by a moderator:
id suspect audio only whilst driving. the current mobile version of this app has a setting to block your camera (and your audio) and also to block the video of the other cameras in on the call. ive used zoom whilst in the car charging/parked for a meeting and it was fine.

I’m genuinely curious here on the use case for this vs calling into said meeting. I host webinars, and attend and host many video conferences for work, but can’t see one case where I would use my car for this (Yes, I also drive long distance for Client visits). I would just call into a meeting, or use my phone/laptop.

I would love to see someone that regularly gets replies from Elon suggest things like performance or historical reporting, alleviating the need to buy a TeslaFi subscription or other 3rd party API data sets.

Perhaps even invoicing from service visits in our Tesla Accounts.

I see these being more beneficial to the fleet as a whole. I’m sure this serves some, and obviously I have a bias as I do not see the value here!

Some of this could be tied to FSD.
Once your car can drive itself safely without driver monitoring, you could look at PowerPoint presentations on the screen while commuting somewhere...

But that is a big IF to assume that FSD will get that good anytime soon.

Reactions: pilotSteve
Some of this could be tied to FSD.
Once your car can drive itself safely without driver monitoring, you could look at PowerPoint presentations on the screen while commuting somewhere...

But that is a big IF to assume that FSD will get that good anytime soon.

I was much more bullish on FSD timing when I purchased FSD. Now I feel it was a mistake and the next owner of the car will be the beneficiary

regardless, I agree that FSD would change things for meetings on the road. Although it would just mean I work more hours

I’m genuinely curious here on the use case for this vs calling into said meeting. I host webinars, and attend and host many video conferences for work, but can’t see one case where I would use my car for this (Yes, I also drive long distance for Client visits). I would just call into a meeting, or use my phone/laptop.

I would love to see someone that regularly gets replies from Elon suggest things like performance or historical reporting, alleviating the need to buy a TeslaFi subscription or other 3rd party API data sets.

Perhaps even invoicing from service visits in our Tesla Accounts.

I see these being more beneficial to the fleet as a whole. I’m sure this serves some, and obviously I have a bias as I do not see the value here!

I see two use cases. I am on the road and need to join a call. I park and I choose the large screen right in front of me instead of the tiny screen in my pocket. Second use case is showing off what my car can do and rubbing it in the face of everyone with an ICE car on the call.

• Funny
  • Disagree
Reactions: kpeng and Avid