Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Video Demo: Summon Initiated 100% from Apple Watch!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All,

For those of you who aren't following Remote S development, Allen recently added "Summon" and "Homelink" features to Remote S for iOS. But, to make things more fun, it also works with the Apple Watch. For my first attempt at using the feature, I took a quick video:

Tesla Model S P85D Summon from Apple Watch (Remote S - Rego Apps) - YouTube

And yes, it works! You can now use a watch to open your garage door, back the car out of the garage, then close the garage door. Now, only imagine when you can push a button on your watch and tell it to "pick up the kids from school."

Very exciting times for Tesla owners... :biggrin:

Apple will be buying Tesla in the next 2 years.

I really hope not. Big fan of Tesla. Not a fan of Apple.

Though I am sure the interior will receive nice some nice improvements with Apple but I'd rather see both companies succeed on their own.

The impact both companies can have on the EV market is greater if they go forward separately than together.

Plus I feel Tesla really, really needs some competition :) 4 years since the Model S and still there is nothing even remotely close to the capabilities of the Model S and that's just wrong. Seems like the first real competition to the Model S will be from Audi and Porsche but that's not for a couple of more years.

I really hope not. Big fan of Tesla. Not a fan of Apple.

Though I am sure the interior will receive nice some nice improvements with Apple but I'd rather see both companies succeed on their own.

The impact both companies can have on the EV market is greater if they go forward separately than together.

Plus I feel Tesla really, really needs some competition :) 4 years since the Model S and still there is nothing even remotely close to the capabilities of the Model S and that's just wrong. Seems like the first real competition to the Model S will be from Audi and Porsche but that's not for a couple of more years.

I hope Tesla and Apple remain separate companies as well.