Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Video: Ever wonder how lithium is mined for batteries?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to correct this point: Round Up is a very different chemical and not at all the same thing as Agent Orange.
herbicides - all are poisonous - kill plants and aquatic life - many other side effects for humans you can read for yourself.

google searches will easily reveal how related these chemical are.

California require the popular weed killer Roundup to come with a label warning that it's known to cause cancer, weed killer's main ingredient, glyphosate

Glyphosate (N-(phosphonomethyl)glycine) is a broad-spectrum systemic herbicide and crop desiccant. It is an organophosphorus compound, specifically a phosphonate. It is used to kill weeds, especially annual broadleaf weeds and grasses that compete with crops. It was discovered to be an herbicide by Monsanto chemist John E. Franz in 1970.[3]Monsanto brought it to market in 1974 under the trade name Roundup, and Monsanto's last commercially relevant United States patent expired in 2000.

Glufosinate - Wikipedia
Glyphosate - Wikipedia
Agent Orange - Wikipedia
Agent Orange does have Chlorine (you know, the chemical they treat your water with - must be safe)
Just cause it kills weeds and aquatic life doesn't mean it is dangerous. Makes perfect sense to me, you?

Agent Orange is very different?? How would that be exactly? a more dangerous herbicide?
Oh, I see, Kind of like how petrol, diesel, LNG are very different chemicals. Now I get it.

Thanks for the correction. I didn't realize how different they were - only have BS in chemistry, but never a job as a chemist. I guess I'm just not that bright.

Last edited:
My point was in response to your statement that "Round Up" was developed for Vietnam War and known as "Agent Orange" It is clear from the links to Wikipedia that you posted that Roundup was not know as Agent Orange nor was it a component of Agent Orange.

Agent Orange contained 2,4-D and 2,4,5-T the latter was a particularly hazardous chemical and has since been banned.

Roundup has never contained either of those chemicals

I get that you don't like or trust those chemicals :), and agree that Monsanto made both of them.

My point was in response to your statement that "Round Up" was developed for Vietnam War and known as "Agent Orange" It is clear from the links to Wikipedia that you posted that Roundup was not know as Agent Orange nor was it a component of Agent Orange.

Agent Orange contained 2,4-D and 2,4,5-T the latter was a particularly hazardous chemical and has since been banned.

Roundup has never contained either of those chemicals

I get that you don't like or trust those chemicals :), and agree that Monsanto made both of them.
Sorry, my bad communication skills. You can see I "rant" about herbicides. I don't trust herbicides, Monsanto nor most corporations nor my own government agencies. Sad frame of mind. Hope you find time to watch above videos, I found informative.

I live on an organic farm (rent a room) and have learned that little to fear from weeds. Perhaps annoying, but that is about it.
Industrial Farming wants (needs?) to keep contamination of their product to a minimum, so their obsession with weeds.
IF you garden at home, don't worry about weeds. Most all plants get along just fine. Less weeding, less chemicals, less work and more enjoyment of your own grown food. Weeding fine but often optional. Try many things. replant what works - forget what dies off.
Some things reseed themselves just fine. Hope you find time to try some gardening -be lazy about it.