Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIDEO - Malfunctioning Door Handle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Strange, have not seen this. Does it ever retract all the way in? Does it act up like this when it rains or wet? There is a switch that gets pressed when handle retracts to stop the motor. I would suspect there is a issue with that or the controller?

You can replace with any color door handle since you can swap the painted part with yours.

Rich Rebuild has a great video for removing the handle which I used for the first time I fixed one.

It retracts all the way in like normal when the doors handles all retract, but when it extends it does this business. The door cannot be opened using the handle. There is no play like normal when the handle is extended it is completely rigid.

no rain for a couple of weeks. I did wash the car recently, but it was nothing out of the ordinary.

It retracts all the way in like normal when the doors handles all retract, but when it extends it does this business. The door cannot be opened using the handle. There is no play like normal when the handle is extended it is completely rigid.

no rain for a couple of weeks. I did wash the car recently, but it was nothing out of the ordinary.
The it's proably a breaking paddle gear. And soon will be total broken, search for paddle gear and get a few on hand if you plan to fix it yourself (you will want to have spare for the rest of the door. and at $2 a piece I just buy 10...)