Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • We just completed a significant update, but we still have some fixes and adjustments to make. Please see this thread for more details and to find out how to revert to the old design. Cheers!

[VIDEO] Model 3 Squeaking steering at low speeds

besnova

Nov 10, 2017
New York
Today my model 3 started making a squeaking sound when steering at low speeds. I notice this more at red lights making turns, parking, so maybe less than 5-10mph. The steering still feels normal and the sound is the same in both Comfort and Sport steering.

I'm going to schedule a visit to Tesla soon. I just don't want them to blame the painted calipers. I had them done over a month ago when I first got delivery and this just came up today. I'm hoping it can be an easy fix but wanted to know if anyone seen this or knows what it could be?

I have a a video:

Upvote 0
Ya it's the rubber boot in the upper control arms. If you are still under warranty have it replaced for free. If you are out of warranty there are some tricks to get rid of the squeaking at least for a while, and extend the life of the rubber boot. Check it out on Youtube, lots of videos on the topic.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC