Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[VIDEO] Model 3 Squeaking steering at low speeds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today my model 3 started making a squeaking sound when steering at low speeds. I notice this more at red lights making turns, parking, so maybe less than 5-10mph. The steering still feels normal and the sound is the same in both Comfort and Sport steering.

I'm going to schedule a visit to Tesla soon. I just don't want them to blame the painted calipers. I had them done over a month ago when I first got delivery and this just came up today. I'm hoping it can be an easy fix but wanted to know if anyone seen this or knows what it could be?

I have a a video:

When I took mine in for the fix that others have already named, it took the Service Center about half a day to return the car to me. Make sure you share the video with them when scheduling the appointment.

They told me the fix can’t be performed by Mobile Service.

Ya it's the rubber boot in the upper control arms. If you are still under warranty have it replaced for free. If you are out of warranty there are some tricks to get rid of the squeaking at least for a while, and extend the life of the rubber boot. Check it out on Youtube, lots of videos on the topic.