Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Video of Air Suspension Clearance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I am picking my Model S up next week and wondering if anyone has any video footage of the difference from low / standard / high suspension levels? I will be visiting another location in the Mtns that has an incredibly steep driveway and so am trying to figure out if at the highest suspension I will be able to clear any obstacles?

Thanks

Here's a side view video. 2013 Tesla Model S Active Air Suspension Demonstration - YouTube But when you set the suspension on high, you should have no trouble getting up a driveway. As an example, I (unfortunately) had to get my Model S towed on a Jerdan flatbed. I could not set the suspension on high due to a hardware malfunciton, but even the normal suspension setting had no clearance issues with the initial transition from flat pavement to a 30+ degree incline onto the flatbed tow truck.

Hi, I am picking my Model S up next week and wondering if anyone has any video footage of the difference from low / standard / high suspension levels? I will be visiting another location in the Mtns that has an incredibly steep driveway and so am trying to figure out if at the highest suspension I will be able to clear any obstacles?

Thanks

Do you drive any sedans now that can clear the driveway? Finding out the clearance of that vehicle will help you determine if the Model S is likely to make it.

Do you drive any sedans now that can clear the driveway? Finding out the clearance of that vehicle will help you determine if the Model S is likely to make it.

Yes this is the best strategy, and I do it often in mountains (for any place I might return). Try it with other car, look up its ground clearance, and compare to the specs listed (in cm) in the newest Model S manual for each suspension setting. (Not perfect because the distance from front wheel to nose will be different as well as attack angle, but you could always back in on "very high" if really worried, and have a spotter).

Thanks everyone. My BMW M3 parks on the side of the hill in flat area as it has no chance making the steep grade. My wife's SUV makes it in fine of course. Will just have to check the first time with a spotter and on the very high setting.