Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Video of AP or really engaged driver?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was squandering time looking through YouTube videos on Bad Drivers, Driving Fails (squandering quarantine time). The following YouTube link I came across shows a Tesla avoiding a squeeze play between drivers, one of whom was changing lanes into the Tesla. Really astounding driving.

My question is: Was this Auto Pilot - or a really, really quick reaction from a human driver.
YouTube URL:
Tesla Segment: Starts at 30 Second mark (Sorry - I do not know how to just show/capture the Tesla segment)

Now I am a pretty conservative driver (+5 Speed limit Max, and slow down if adjacent lanes are running slow), but I do not think I could have made the driving corrections this Tesla made - So will my MX save my butt in a similar situation, or do I need to go back to driving school???

P.S. - I do find that if i go out driving after watching one of these Bad Drivers, Driving Fails videos I am much more...observant...of idiot drivers.

I would guess manual driving, as when it came into frame, it wasn't centered in the lane very well, with a bias to the left side. Though it's possible AP was already shifting to the left, but if it were already reacting to the car, I think it would have been braking too.

I found another video of a Tesla AP Save: This one states it is on AutoPilot
I really did not understand it was capable of this type of reaction.

This one at 6:30 into the Video (I really need to learn how to save just individual clips from YouTube)

I assume the shoulder pull over at the end is so they can change their underpants

I found another video of a Tesla AP Save: This one states it is on AutoPilot
I really did not understand it was capable of this type of reaction.

This one at 6:30 into the Video (I really need to learn how to save just individual clips from YouTube)

I assume the shoulder pull over at the end is so they can change their underpants
I do remember seeing that one, either on this forum or reddit. The driver said they got rear-ended, and their car changed lanes to avoid hitting the car in front of them, then he took over and pulled to the side.