Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Video of BearBu's 360 degree overview in operation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those Tesla Model S owners considering purchasing BearBu's 360 degree overhead view and HDMI interface I created this video to show the former in operation. In should note that the default view of the car is white but I purchased a skin from BearBu that shows mine as red (which it is).

I've since learned a few tips to change the view in operation. For example, a click on the controller will change the view when you're driving to any of the many choices offered.

All things said it's very cool in operation.

This is pretty freakin awesome. I know I've seen the page for buying BearBu's HDMI interface, and the guides for installing it, but haven't seen exactly where he has instructions on the 4 camera 360 setup. Is there a separate thread about that somewhere?

I could not find much guidance on the install other than the directions that BearBu provided with the system. I will attach them to this post. If anyone is interested in doing this project, I can make a short video of how I did it. I am sure there are many ways to route cables and mount the cameras etc, but this might be helpful for some. Working by myself in my driveway it took me a solid 2 days. I am no mechanic though.

Attachments

• HD 360 user menu ENG.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 164
  • Informative
Reactions: Shadnic and croman
How much would this cost to install?

Not sure about that one. It took me 2 full days working alone. A significant portion of that time was trying to figure out how I was going to complete each task without breaking something. Also, I wanted it to look clean when I was done. I won't begin to guess what a shop would charge. They are certainly more skilled, experienced, have better tools, and will get done faster. The most difficult part for me was the sideview mirror camera install.

I have only had it installed one day and it was quite helpful already. Sometimes I have difficulty judging where the car is relative to low curbs, parking spots, etc. Things that the original equipment sensors sometimes miss or are unable to see. This kit removes that guesswork. The product and integration are better than I expected. Not perfect, but I am glad I have it.

I will make a demo video and walk around showing how I did the install for anyone that wants to tackle this project DIY. Will try to get it done this weekend if there is interest.

Lowtech:
It would helpful for the forum on a DIY video...especially when you have cut and remove the side mirrors.

Where is the link to buy?

Agreed. I was a bit intimidated by the DIY. The only significant cut you make is on the bottom plastic of the mirror. I purchased replacements used online before I even started so I could go back stock if this project didn't work out, or if I want to revert back original. It takes about 1 minute to remove and replace them. That is really to only thing done that can't be reversed other than some small screw/wire holes on the underside of the hatch.

Sorry, I don't have a link. I PM'd BearBu asking how to purchase his kit. I then sent him the money with Paypal. The kit was at my door 4 days later.

I could not find much guidance on the install other than the directions that BearBu provided with the system. I will attach them to this post. If anyone is interested in doing this project, I can make a short video of how I did it. I am sure there are many ways to route cables and mount the cameras etc, but this might be helpful for some. Working by myself in my driveway it took me a solid 2 days. I am no mechanic though.
Yes please!

Ah you're amazing, this is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you! (and would be SO grateful for a video)

It would be great if the 2 sides camera are not mounted to the mirror.
Like the AP2 car...the sides mirrors are in the side marker. It would be cool to see if Bearbu can make the OEM side marker cameras work with this 360 system

Thanks @artsci for posting the video.

Really appreciate and I can't even believe @LowTech can DIY this 360 system.

To me, DIY the 360 system is such a nightmare as you need to take off the side mirror out for milling a hole, wire routing, so I have been suggesting the customer/user to get the professional installer for the installation. Normally the installation cost is around US$300 - US$350 (in Hong Kong)

I think DIY is cool if you know you car so well and I am so surprised @LowTech could make it!

For anyone interested to buy, please kindly PM me and make directly purchase, the total cost to US (including shipping is US$775.00/set)

This product is also listed on eBay and Amazon with higher price due to their incurred fees/charges.

But please kindly hold a bit because the fisheye camera is currently out of stock (just heard from the manufacturer), I am waiting for their update information about the delivery schedule of the fisheye camera production. I actually have 10set on hand but those are all reserved, sorry for that.

BearBu (Tommy)

• Informative
Reactions: Shadnic
A detailed DIY write-up or video of taking apart the mirror is critical for this install.

There are no such thing as a professional installer for this kit. It is not like upgrading your stereo system. No shop will have any ideas of what it is or how to mount it.

This is a specialized task for the Tesla.

For Model S, other than white and red skin, we now have midnight silver metallic and dark blue skin (thanks to a certain user paid for the color change). The fee for color change is directly sent to the 360 manufacturer, I don't take a penny in between ;)

Reactions: jlv1