Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Video of how much juice the HPWC pulls.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charging2.jpg
I was curious to see how much juice my car pulls, so I had a meter hooked up to it at my office. Pulling 80 Amps is a lot of juice - 20 kW giving you 62 miles of range per hour. It seems like it pulls more energy than most homes with everything on - including the AC. This is a public station, so if you need free juice, come on by. Here is the video if you would like to see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhOcQBIH3Nw
Here is the address:

Apex Express, Inc.
Jay Squyres 972-409-9500
2619 Brenner Dr.
Dallas, TX 75220

HPWC is available Monday-Friday 8am-5pm (inside warehouse)
Outside there is a 50 amp NEMA 14-50 plug ALWAYS available!
It’s on the left side of the building towards the back gate, on the white wall.
NEMA14-50.jpg

Here are pictures, if you want free juice ANYTIME
ChargingOut.jpg
:
WallLocation.jpg
OutsideCharger.jpg

Last edited:
I'm debating whether my meter could be used for throwing clay pigeons as well as measuring my electricity consumption. At the peak of summer I use 6,500 kWh a month without the car. Imagine the spin on that meter. :)

I'm debating whether my meter could be used for throwing clay pigeons as well as measuring my electricity consumption. At the peak of summer I use 6,500 kWh a month without the car. Imagine the spin on that meter. :)

Dang! What draws so much power? Do you keep your house at a balmy 68 or something?

I only use about 600kWh Oct-May, and ~1600kWh average Jun-Sept. Without the car. With the car I am going to increase about 700kWh a month. And I thought I used a lot.

Dang! What draws so much power? Do you keep your house at a balmy 68 or something?

I only use about 600kWh Oct-May, and ~1600kWh average Jun-Sept. Without the car. With the car I am going to increase about 700kWh a month. And I thought I used a lot.

Mostly refrigeration units - two A/C compressors, an upright freezer, 2 refrigerators, and a beverage chiller -- I have a small orchard (~70 trees) so we have to store a lot of stuff over the year. Throw in a small battalion of computing and network gear for my day job, and a swimming pool pump, and you have a big bill. It ranges from about 3,000 kWh/month to 6,500 kWh/month.

House is kept at 74, a fine compromise between my ideal 70 and my wife's ideal 85.

:eek: The average energy consumption for a house in the Netherlands is 3500 kWh a Year!

And the average size of a home in the Netherlands is???

The mean temperature in Amsterdam in July 2012 is 72 degrees. Dew point is 55.

The mean temp in St. Louis, MO in July 2012 is 88 with a dew point of 65.

Now, do you understand why the folks in St. Louis use more kWh than Netherlands?

And the average size of a home in the Netherlands is???

The mean temperature in Amsterdam in July 2012 is 72 degrees. Dew point is 55.

The mean temp in St. Louis, MO in July 2012 is 88 with a dew point of 65.

Now, do you understand why the folks in St. Louis use more kWh than Netherlands?

sounds like my house a little bit. during the summer months over the last few years I pull about 3500kWh on average, so that's going to jump this summer with the Model S. I also have a "battalion" of computer gear and central air. Air during the day is 74 and at night 68.