Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Video of Model 3 Today at Tesla Factory... a couple new things

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I mean it has the international standard cruise control symbol - at the 0:40 mark:

upload_2017-8-6_15-54-33.png

ISO page - https://www.iso.org/obp/ui#iso:grs:7000:2047

• Informative
Reactions: Enginerd
My son took this video of a Model 3 at the Tesla factory in Fremont today. This video shows a couple things I had never seen before. Notice that the window tinting does not go all the way down to the end of the rear window (Will this be hot? Increase visibility?) and notice the very clean design of the touch screen mount bracket. Enjoy.

Nice Vid!!! Thanks.

If that's the Midnight Silver, I love it. Was shying away from it because I thought it was going to be too dark. Now if Tesla would just make any other color than black (leather) available.

Rear window can't have the same degree of tint that the roof has. I plan to have my car's windows tinted as soon as I get it.

I test drove a MS hear in Phoenix in 107 degree temps and never felt the heat from the sun through the glass roof.

I agree, nice clean mount on the screens. That negates some of the criticism we were hearing from people who assumed that it was "stuck on".

As for the disappearing tint, I think the main thing you're seeing is that the roof has a very strong tint, which you'd want if you don't want to be blinded / baking under the midday sun. You can't tint the front / sides / rear that heavily without obstructing the view of the road.

Can't wait until there's some non-PUPs to get some shots of. I waver daily on whether to PUP or not to PUP ;)

Please tell you son that it is nice to see a video with professional panning and framing so that one can focus on the details in the image.

The biggest thing he did is super simple and we should all do it when we pull out the camera and want details. Turn On Slo-Mo.

Makes the camera work look so much smoother. So easy but unless you are on a skate board no one seems to do it.

-Randy

Slo-mo usually cuts the resolution, and can negatively affect the ISO.
This is not exactly true.
ISO is unaffected by slow mo... ISO is ISO. It's more correct to say a faster frame rate is inversely proportional to the light the sensor can receive from a given light source. The sensor's sensitivity doesn't change.

As far as resolution, that's simply hardware dependent it's not actually due to slow mo. It's generally a way to get around the high data rate with lower end hardware.

This is not exactly true.
ISO is unaffected by slow mo... ISO is ISO. It's more correct to say a faster frame rate is inversely proportional to the light the sensor can receive from a given light source. The sensor's sensitivity doesn't change.

Less light = higher iso setting required to compensate = more noise. Either that or a wider aperture, if you can, and if you're willing to accept a stronger depth-of-focus effect.

As far as resolution, that's simply hardware dependent it's not actually due to slow mo. It's generally a way to get around the high data rate with lower end hardware.

Except that as slow-motion is a multiplier on the number of frames per second, unless it's a camera designed specifically for slow motion, it almost certainly has to cut something (usually resolution) to avoid bottlenecking. Almost all commercial cameras not designed specifically for slow motion require you to sacrifice something (usually resolution) in slow motion - and the slower you want, the more you have to sacrifice.