Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Video of My Model 3 Getting Broken into. Glass options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok guys. I took apart the door to see how easy it is to put in the new glass. That way I can just get the updated glass and I'll know quickly on the fit.

Good news is: it's super easy to take out the interior part of the door. It's 3 hex screws (behind the reflector, under the door handle, and behind the door open button), pull upwards on the speaker by the side mirror to remove it, and then you pull the interior out slowly.

Bad news is: there is another layer of stuff with a bunch of wiring! See pics. At this point is it worth it to do it myself?

Attachments

• 20210104_143321_resized.jpg
    20210104_143321_resized.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 99
  • Informative
Reactions: KenC
Ok guys. I took apart the door to see how easy it is to put in the new glass. That way I can just get the updated glass and I'll know quickly on the fit.

Good news is: it's super easy to take out the interior part of the door. It's 3 hex screws (behind the reflector, under the door handle, and behind the door open button), pull upwards on the speaker by the side mirror to remove it, and then you pull the interior out slowly.

Bad news is: there is another layer of stuff with a bunch of wiring! See pics. At this point is it worth it to do it myself?

Dude, go to YouTube and find the video of the guy that goes through the whole process to change the window. It's not that scary once you see how it's done.

Confirmed with a glass company that deals with Teslas. Direct fit with the 2021 glass. Will take two weeks to get here. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

On a side note, I looked at the video again. It looks like the guy took some cash (on his left hand) but also a piece of paper (on his right hand). I wonder what is on there that is so important to take - my address? Is he coming to get me at my house? I'm going to start a new tread in the off topic area. Let me know what you think there...

Sentry Mode Caught Guy Breaking into My Model 3. What Did He Take?

Attachments

• 20210104_221651.jpg
    20210104_221651.jpg
    540.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 20210104_214459.jpg
    20210104_214459.jpg
    645.5 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Confirmed with a glass company that deals with Teslas. Direct fit with the 2021 glass. Will take two weeks to get here. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

On a side note, I looked at the video again. It looks like the guy took some cash (on his left hand) but also a piece of paper (on his right hand). I wonder what is on there that is so important to take - my address? Is he coming to get me at my house? I'm going to start a new tread in the off topic area. Let me know what you think there...

Sentry Mode Caught Guy Breaking into My Model 3. What Did He Take?
Also this mugger didn't wear any mask...

because of the Covid, every time a go outside wearing a mask, a baseball hat, and sun glasses, I feel dress like a bank robber !!!

• Funny
Reactions: KenC