Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Video of our Model X Delivery & More

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great video!

Sure, rub it in about the active spoiler. Go ahead, I can take it. ;)

Seriously though, fun video. Your wife is a great interviewer. We expect some more in depth stuff later. :eek::p

Oh yeah, thanks for the great views of the interior. I got the same combo. The only differences are that I caved and got the PUP and Onyx wheels. :D

Reactions: EV Family
@Pjjava34 great video, thanks for sharing. Your comment about choosing synthetic seats for environmental reasons got me thinking, particularly since I chose leather, ALSO for environmental reasons. Do you have any data on what materials are used in the synthetic seats in the Model X? Typically synthetic leather is made from a plastic coating (usually polyurethane) on a base of something like polyester. Both of which are petroleum products. I'd love to learn otherwise, and I definitely realize there's an impact from cows and I think factory farms are really hurting our environment, not to mention the poor cows, but they are "natural"...

Maybe it's six of one, half a dozen of the other, but I'm curious if anyone has more data that could better scientifically show whether leather, or synthetics are better for the environment.

My X is supposedly going into production in the next week or so and should take delivery next month according to my DS. Can't wait!

Enjoy your new spaceship!

This article came up when I was searching for info on synthetic leathers. It's a few years old, and sort of indirectly related, but an interesting read. TL;DR: Whichever material is going to last longest and you will get the most use out of, is probably the best for the environment...

Reactions: EV Family