Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Video of our Model X Delivery & More

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats! Thanks for sharing, we are anxiously waiting for our delivery. Glad it went smoothly. We also have young kids and were debating the leather/systhetic , white/black seats. Ended up going with black leather. Enjoy

Here is the video I promised of our delivery from this past Wednesday. Vin 49XX. Enjoy!

Congratulations..... You guys look so cute... great video....so jealous :p- can't wait for mine.. It went into production 5/10... When did yours go into production? was it shipped by rail or truck?.... the "don't have mine yet and living vicariously thru others" group wants to know;)

Reactions: EV Family
Congratulations..... You guys look so cute... great video....so jealous :p- can't wait for mine.. It went into production 5/10... When did yours go into production? was it shipped by rail or truck?.... the "don't have mine yet and living vicariously thru others" group wants to know;)
Thanks we went into production on 4/16. Shipped by truck which really expedited everything but was told by DS that east coast deliveries will now be transitioning to rail moving forward.

Agreed, great video. Thank you for taking the time to put it together and posting it.

So, doesn't the hide from a beef cow get used to make leather? This is a question I never gave any thought to, but I sounds like this is not the case.

Thanks again. Looking forward to getting mine very soon.

Jon
From what I understand the leather industry and the beef industry are completely independent in their use of cattle material. The cattle are raised a certain way if they intend to utilize their hide for leather vs their meat for consumption. But that's a whole can of worms I'm afraid to open up, hence why I joked about the burgers. ;-)

From what I understand the leather industry and the beef industry are completely independent in their use of cattle material. The cattle are raised a certain way if they intend to utilize their hide for leather vs their meat for consumption. But that's a whole can of worms I'm afraid to open up, hence why I joked about the burgers. ;-)

Thanks! I figured it had to be something like that, but never needed to ask (before now).

Enjoy your car. Let us know how you are doing when you've had it for a for weeks.

Jon
I had to look it up too and that's what I'm finding out. Haven't dug in too deep though. I don't own or use a lot of leather though.

As you can see, I went with the cow free interior as well. The lack of leather is definitely a selling point but so is the fact that it looks and feels great! ;)

Congratulations! You have beautiful wife and kids! You know what's coming : ), how is the fit and finish of the car? Panel, rubber, plastic, painting, alignment, most importantly how are the doors working out? Pics are highly appreciated! Thanks!

Congratulations! You have beautiful wife and kids! You know what's coming : ), how is the fit and finish of the car? Panel, rubber, plastic, painting, alignment, most importantly how are the doors working out? Pics are highly appreciated! Thanks!
Thank you! The fit and finish is pretty close to perfect. Having had the car now for 5 days and 350 miles on the odometer I've noticed a few small things but nothing major. Some trim around the FWD is hanging loose and there is some glue around window sills and such but nothing too major. Kids, family and myself have put the doors through plenty of stress tests and they have yet to fail us. Although all the months of reading these forums has placed so many negative thoughts in my mind that I'm waiting for something to stop working but so far so good. It is an absolute pleasure to drive, I drive a large number of my miles during the overnights and I have not noticed a "ghosting" issue at all with the glass. There is also no discernible wind noise or anything out of the norm that many complained about early on. It has rained plenty here in Atlanta since delivery and the FWD have been a wonderful umbrella as we buckle the kids in the cars seats.

The only thing that I'm not really sold on is the front door push button access. It seems a little unnecessary and I wish it were like the MS doors and auto presented so I can pull them open.
I would say however that the most disappointing feature on the X has to be the no sensor coverage on the front doors. My wife and family are scared to let it swing open when they open the front doors from the inside as we already had a close call at a parking spot where the FWD sensors had no obstacle to detect, but the front doors were lined up with an obstacle so the door swung open at a high rate of speed before my wife grabbed the handle and saved the day.

I've also noticed that my car fails to auto unlock upon approaching the car after being away for an extended period (more than 15 min). It has no problem auto locking (as I have set it to do so when I walk away with the fob) but when I return, I have to press the door handle in once to unlock the car, then press a second time for it to swing open. I called the 800 Tesla number and they said it is probably a low battery in the key fob. Which is kind of strange for a new car but I'll try that tomorrow and see.

I've also noticed that my car fails to auto unlock upon approaching the car after being away for an extended period (more than 15 min). It has no problem auto locking (as I have set it to do so when I walk away with the fob) but when I return, I have to press the door handle in once to unlock the car, then press a second time for it to swing open. I called the 800 Tesla number and they said it is probably a low battery in the key fob. Which is kind of strange for a new car but I'll try that tomorrow and see.

I noticed the same thing after we switched it to Energy savings mode - ON and deselected Always connected. Reduces vampire drain to 2 miles per day for us, but causes the need to hit the door open button twice. Another option, as you walk to the car just hit the roof button on the fob 2x and it should "wake" the car.

I noticed the same thing after we switched it to Energy savings mode - ON and deselected Always connected. Reduces vampire drain to 2 miles per day for us, but causes the need to hit the door open button twice. Another option, as you walk to the car just hit the roof button on the fob 2x and it should "wake" the car.

From other threads I understand that the lack of auto unlock is actually a software bug with the latest update.
A lot of X owners recently lost the ability to auto unlock on approach.
I assume it'll be correctly with the next fix.