Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Video; P85D vs P85 all out....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's probably a fuse you can pull :).

ok, got me!
that could be some scary fun... The p85 keeps up pretty good for only rear wheel drive and without wide rear tires. 3.3 vs 3.9 to 60? I'd injure my passengers! I remember partially launching my 'regular P' and pinning my co-worker's head sideways to the rear seat while he was still trying to buckle his seatbelt could have been bad w/ a PD
Still extra happy w/ mine!

cool. breaking traction is no problem? It sounded like they dialed in the TC a little bit more w/ dynamic power between F and R

Straight line it's great, but you can get into serious trouble on corners. That's not the car's fault, it's just the laws of physics.

OK, it's a bit the cars fault, one's perception of the speed is vastly underestimating. It's so quiet I do a double take when I glance down at the gauges, and that's gotten me into trouble twice pushing it, my lack of a correct sense of the speed.

I managed to get my P85D sideways a little bit the other night by punching it hard early when exiting a turn on wet pavement. It was intentional - wide road, plenty of runoff, no other cars around. I wanted to see if it was possible. Yep. The rear broke traction first, which makes sense given it has more power.

Interesting thing was, normally under those conditions the traction and stability control on my P85 would have activated, cut power, fired the brakes, and killed all the fun. Not so on the P85D. It was all me, car, road, and Newton. Very easy to recover, but be careful out there folks.

Looking forward to taking mine to the track when the weather gets a little better here.

I managed to get my P85D sideways a little bit the other night by punching it hard early when exiting a turn on wet pavement. It was intentional - wide road, plenty of runoff, no other cars around. I wanted to see if it was possible. Yep. The rear broke traction first, which makes sense given it has more power.

Interesting thing was, normally under those conditions the traction and stability control on my P85 would have activated, cut power, fired the brakes, and killed all the fun. Not so on the P85D. It was all me, car, road, and Newton. Very easy to recover, but be careful out there folks.

Looking forward to taking mine to the track when the weather gets a little better here.

They probably haven't finished the software for the Dynamic Stability Control on the D --- LOL

ok, got me!
that could be some scary fun... The p85 keeps up pretty good for only rear wheel drive and without wide rear tires. 3.3 vs 3.9 to 60? I'd injure my passengers! I remember partially launching my 'regular P' and pinning my co-worker's head sideways to the rear seat while he was still trying to buckle his seatbelt could have been bad w/ a PD
Still extra happy w/ mine!

And wide angle lens, really exaggerates the distance back the P85 appears to be. 0-60 P85 should be 0.6 seconds behind, ideally.

Is there really no stability control on the D? Can you do full donuts in snow like in a Subaru or Evo?