Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[VIDEO] Paid $500 for chrome delete, and the guy utterly screwed up the job.

What should I do?

• Sue him

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Slap him

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is half venting and half a warning to those looking for aftermarket services. Like many of you, my Model 3 is the most expensive purchase I've made in my life so far, and I've done nothing but to care for it. I found a place with 5 star reviews and the guy seemed to know what he was doing, so I trusted him.

I came back to a mini nightmare: thin chrome streaks showing in several places, and clear "patches" in some areas, where the vinyl overlapped with one another. There was also this black greasy looking substance on a part of the vinyl that I could not get off - I suspect he used paint or something else to cover a flaw in the job. Fine, I can live with these so far.

Finally, my significant other points out a fray on the top passenger side of the door. 5-6 rivets look like a tool went over it on accident and created several small, deep cuts that shows a silver metallic material underneath. Video below. From just a few hours of research there is not much I can find on how to fix this - if they were just light scratches or scuffs I could use a heat gun or fine sand paper to buff it out, but this isn't that situation. He didn't bother pointing this out to me when I picked up the car.

Anyway, I am going in tomorrow to talk to him about this. So far he seems like an OK guy, although if he gets defensive or denies he caused it, I have no idea what recourse I would have.

Chrome delete is overplayed ....also doesn’t last long ...mine on S lasted about 2 1/2 years with a good install ...I have learned to appreciate the chrome ! :eek: