TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

(Video) PedalBox sheds 0.2 seconds off MX 0-100 run

Discussion in 'Model S' started by BIG ACH, Jan 16, 2019.

1. BIG ACH

BIG ACH Member

Has anyone seen this video, I can't understand what he is saying but the video shows him doing two runs with his Model X 90D... one without using the pedalbox (5.923 seconds), and one with it (5.723 seconds).

As far as I know, the claim is that the product is supposed to improve throttle response when you push down the pedal.

Thoughts?

2. Ande

Ande Member

Meh.
    Stupid simple electronic hack, pedal depressed rapidly 5% of travel output 100% throttle instantly.
    Good for saving the time of a slow foot, and dangerous device to be driving with otherwise, if activated by but or maliscou Rennie control.

3. Silicon Desert

Silicon Desert Active Member

I am thinking alone the lines of do I really need a .2 second improvement with anything?

4. Nick B

Nick B Member

Agree with you 100%... by the way... looking at your sig... did a car really crash into your tesla like that?!? I'm guessing photoshoped?

5. P100D_Me

P100D_Me Member

Snake oil

• Like x 2
  6. whitex

whitex Active Member

S/X have safety interlocks which prevent such instant jumps, if the computer detects 5%, then 100% throttle without anything in between, the car will error out. There is a post somewhere here of how wk057 was attempting to defeat this safety mechanism and it wasn't easy.

7. Ande

Ande Member

Ok, so not 5% then 100% , but fastest possible increase in more steps...

8. Silicon Desert

Silicon Desert Active Member

Good question. No, that is not my car and it is not a doctored image. I just change my image from time to time as I get bored. It actually happened and a quite interesting weird story. The glass didn't even break. You can find this story on the Beverly Hills police department web site or google it. How it happened makes more sense after reading the police report. I first thought it was a doctored image. They took several photos and this is just the front view. The back view is even more interesting.

• Informative x 1
  9. Shiro

Shiro Member

So basically a sprintbooster? Something that tells the computer you're pushing the pedal further than you really are? Just move your seat forward a couple of inches.

And a .2 variance in 0-60 can be chalked up to so many variables that it's not worth whatever money they're asking for what is essentially a placebo.

• Like x 2
  10. OVB1

OVB1 Member

So my CPO S has this—only noticed because there’s a red light glowing. Does anyone know if it’s easy to remove it? So stupid.