TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

[video] The first Tesla Model 3 in Russia. Do russians know about EVs?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by IgorAntarov, Mar 26, 2018.

1. IgorAntarov

IgorAntarov Member

The first Tesla Model 3 in Russia. Here is the story I've promised - how and why we brought it to Russia so early. Interviews and reactions of random people on the streets. Do people in Russia know about EVs?

You've probably seen a "Tesla Model 3 vs. Chevrolet Bolt Drag Race" with our Model 3 in the news recently? You'll probably ask how this car got to Belarus... oh, this is another story about a roadtrip that worth an another video. Stay tuned :)

• Like x 10
    • Love x 4
    • Informative x 1
  2. PoitNarf

PoitNarf My dog's breath smells like dog food

Very interesting to see the perspective of people from another country about EVs and what they think the transition time to fully electric will be. I wouldn't be surprised to see similar answers if someone did a video like this here in the US and asked random people on the street.

3. sweter

sweter Member

Uttermost respect! And the mystery of Russian Model 3 is solved :) I was green of jealousy when I originally saw it :D

Keep it up!

4. IgorAntarov

IgorAntarov Member

It would've been really interesting to see. Wish someone would have done that.

Thank you! I've had a feeling that I've got to explain it :)
    Official Model 3's wil be definitely earlier in the UK than in Russia, with official warranty and other perks. So there is no reason to be jealous at all :)

5. T34ME

T34ME Active Member

6. Robocheme

Robocheme Member

Great video, Igor. It's surprising to hear so many people know about the ecological benefits. I've got my doubts whether you'd get so high a percentage if you asked that question here in the States.

When you asked the question of when most vehicles would be EVs, did you mean most new cars or most cars on the road (old and new)? Obviously, the answer to the second question is much longer.

• Like x 1
  7. Skidmark

Skidmark Member

That was cool to bring the Model 3 there. I didn't finish watching the video since I found the interview portion a bit long-winded/slow. How did you get Tesla to install a supercharger there and hide it from the maps?

8. Saghost

Saghost Well-Known Member

Nice video. I'd heard about the Supercharger there before, but I didn't realize it had mixed plugs. I guess it makes sense - so many US import cars but also some from europe now.

9. SweetP

SweetP Member

Igor, Your enthusiasm and accomplishments are inspiring. I’ve loved your presentations at TMC as well. I hope Tesla is able to officially help out though know the trade climate is difficult. If it was just people to people we’d do fine.

10. Craig-Y

Craig-Y Member

Igor! What a great video! Congratulations on the new Model 3! Thanks for sharing your story With us!

11. MarcoRP

MarcoRP @MontrealTesla

@BlueShift what happened to the Supercharger in Zarechye?