Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Video: US plug-in vehicle sales 2012-2019 animation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stumbled upon this animation showing make/models of plug-in hybrid & EVs sold from 2012 until May 2019 today... I thought it was interesting, especially how fast you can see the number of Model 3's increase in just a little over a year of time, so thought I'd share.

That has been posted before but it's so incredible I had to watch it again!

If you listen to the media narrative, the Model 3 is still struggling to produce enough cars (or alternatively, there is no demand for the Model 3). This moving graph shows just how amazing the Model 3 launch really was (and still is).

First time I've seen this, and I watched it in forum, so I couldn't read it very well. I thought the Tesla was encompassing both the MS and MX, until the M3 just rocketed past everyone, haha! Then I realized that the models were separate, and the MS, which was starting no less than 75k each, is so amazing considering it was against the Leaf, which is starting 30k.

I'll do some research and see if this was world numbers, or just US numbers.

Reactions: javawolfpack
I stumbled upon this animation showing make/models of plug-in hybrid & EVs sold from 2012 until May 2019 today... I thought it was interesting, especially how fast you can see the number of Model 3's increase in just a little over a year of time, so thought I'd share.

You can check out the original animation and can make your own edits (if you register) below:

Flourish | Data Visualisation & Storytelling

Reactions: javawolfpack