Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Videos of Autonomous Driving capability of NVIDIA's Drive PX2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stumbled on couple recent videos where NVIDIA demo's Drive PX2 self driving capabilities. The software used in the videos may not be what Tesla end up using but the presenter mentioned about the DriveWorks SDK for autonomous driving from NVIDIA which Tesla may or not leverage in their own Visions group.

Video 1:

Video 2:

I am not sure if this has been posted here or not but search didn't show up results. I posted this in Model 3 forum because that's where I usually roam, mods please relocate if appropriate.

>Will that allow you to upgrade your Tesla to Nvidia cameras and CPU / spinal cord?

My NDA prevents me from saying...but....here's a picture of my office chair at work.

KqeG0Lb.png

Not sure I would agree with that. Where would that UI be displayed? It would be entirely distracting on a center screen.

Yup. No way that's displayed on the center console. Questionable that they'd put it on the steering wheel. They've already said "no binnacle" so that eliminates the Model S/X steering wheel area dash. So what's really left other than some type of HUD? And you DON'T need to put all of that info on the display. I personally don't want all of that info. It'd be distracting and for tech-illiterate drivers (not me) it'd be completely confusing.

Last edited:
Yup. No way that's displayed on the center console. Questionable that they'd put it on the steering wheel. They've already said "no binnacle" so that eliminates the Model S/X steering wheel area dash. So what's really left other than some type of HUD? And you DON'T need to put all of that info on the display. I personally don't want all of that info. It'd be distracting and for tech-illiterate drivers (not me) it'd be completely confusing.
What part would be confusing to people though... I mean when he switched it to autonomous mode it just displayed a 3D representation of what the system believes is outside the car (Second video 1:54). Even a child would understand what's going on.

>Will that allow you to upgrade your Tesla to Nvidia cameras and CPU / spinal cord?

My NDA prevents me from saying...but....here's a picture of my office chair at work.

KqeG0Lb.png
Put a natural language processing engine so that we can talk to the cars-- Hal, did you see that chicken cross the road? Hal, Dave I am infallible at detecting chicken crossings.