Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

videos of paint protection (out of General)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dan, with many on TMC now ordering, do you mind posting a link or two to information about PPF and ceramic coating?
Thanks!
This is a video with the guy I will probably get my work done with. This of course is in Atlanta and he is about 30 minutes from me. Price is extremely reasonable, especially with the discount he offers when mentioning this video. I have talked with him several times and seems VERY knowledgeable, very approachable, and very much interested in answering any questions that I have had.

Reactions: AZRI11 and dw4ngg
Hello all,

When it comes to ceramic coating or paint protection, the rule no matter what brand you use is to get paint protection FIRST. Never put ceramic coating on first and then apply a clear bra. There is a chance the coating could interfere with adhesion of the film causing it to lift. So you'll always want to choose the film first, and then the ceramic coating.

The clear bra is meant to be a sacrificial barrier between you and the road. While a ceramic coating won't stop a rock chip and is more for environmental protection from bug guts and bird droppings. So they're both great for their intended functions.

Check out this video of XPEL being installed on a Model X from one of our installers in St.Louis.

Hope this info helps, let us know if we can answer any questions.