TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

videos of paint protection (out of General)

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by Dan Detweiler, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Dan Detweiler

Dan Detweiler Active Member

This is a video with the guy I will probably get my work done with. This of course is in Atlanta and he is about 30 minutes from me. Price is extremely reasonable, especially with the discount he offers when mentioning this video. I have talked with him several times and seems VERY knowledgeable, very approachable, and very much interested in answering any questions that I have had.

• Like x 2
  2. Dan Detweiler

Dan Detweiler Active Member

This is another guy that is fantastic. He doesn't do the wraps but is great with the ceramic coatings. Again, VERY knowledgeable and easy to talk to. He is on the south side of Atlanta and about 80 minutes from me.

Dan

3. SW2Fiddler

SW2Fiddler It refuels itself. On wind power. While I sleep.

Ceramic first, then film if you want. A vendor recommending ceramic over film is out for your money.

(Hint: film is sacrificial)

4. erthquake

erthquake Active Member

I thought you want ceramic on the film to enable easier cleaning and water runoff?

5. XPEL

XPEL Vendor

Hello all,

When it comes to ceramic coating or paint protection, the rule no matter what brand you use is to get paint protection FIRST. Never put ceramic coating on first and then apply a clear bra. There is a chance the coating could interfere with adhesion of the film causing it to lift. So you'll always want to choose the film first, and then the ceramic coating.

The clear bra is meant to be a sacrificial barrier between you and the road. While a ceramic coating won't stop a rock chip and is more for environmental protection from bug guts and bird droppings. So they're both great for their intended functions.

Check out this video of XPEL being installed on a Model X from one of our installers in St.Louis.

Hope this info helps, let us know if we can answer any questions.