Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

View Front of Car video while parking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello! We have the world's tiniest garage and I've hit our old car on the side of it multiple times while pulling in. I would like to stop doing that with the Tesla, and I'm wondering if there is any way to view video from the camera pointing at the front of the car while parking? I can't find any easy way, but unfortunately the garage is so tight that it tells you to "Stop" because you're too close to the sides well before you're actually going to hit anything. Also open to other suggestions!

Save your money and get one of these.... it's awesome because it works with Summon, it will stop when it feels the bump of the tire and you'll know when to stop :) I've been using them for years and have saved my cars from lots of bump damage https://www.amazon.com/Camco-AccuPa...ords=accupark&qid=1557243288&s=gateway&sr=8-1

If you have a tight garage that won’t help. My garage is 192” long and the car is 185” long. I believe the Model 3 will only summon into a garage up to 8” clearance.

I just place a Post-It note on the wall of the garage. When I pull in, I look out the passenger window and when the outside mirror just clears the Post-It, I know I have to stop. No-tech and failsafe solution (unless someone moves the Post-It).

Hello! We have the world's tiniest garage and I've hit our old car on the side of it multiple times while pulling in. I would like to stop doing that with the Tesla, and I'm wondering if there is any way to view video from the camera pointing at the front of the car while parking? I can't find any easy way, but unfortunately the garage is so tight that it tells you to "Stop" because you're too close to the sides well before you're actually going to hit anything. Also open to other suggestions!
I use a marker on the side of garage, when I look left and I’m lined up with it I stop. Gives enough room to get around rear and plug it in without hitting anything in front of me.