Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

View other cameras - Model S 100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife has the 2021 Model Y and I love her 3 cams that show up in reverse. Should my 2017 100D Model S have the same camera views? I can't seem to find any kind of selection when in the "camera" menu - I only get the rearview camera option. From my tesla app, I'm on version 2020.48.37.1 - could that be the issue?

Thank you!

Ah! ok. I think my vehicle is eligible for that upgrade. I’ve been looking into that since the MCU1 is definitely sluggish.
Thanks for the info!
The MCU2 upgrade for (hw2/2.5) is $2000 +tax, but will cause you to lose am/fm/xm for another $500 tesla will upgrade the radio but you will still loose am.

The free recall will only replace the failing memory card in your mcu. Tesla has been changing their pricing on the MCU2, it started at 2500, then dropped to 1500, and now if your car is hw2/2.5 they charge you 2000.

Even at the new cost the mcu2 upgrade is imo well worth it.

If you do decide to get the mcu upgraded make sure they don't charge you any labor (tesla's website clearly states the cost includes installation), they added almost $300 to my invoice that I'm still trying to get refunded.

Reactions: jeff1973
The MCU2 upgrade for (hw2/2.5) is $2000 +tax, but will cause you to lose am/fm/xm for another $500 tesla will upgrade the radio but you will still loose am.

The free recall will only replace the failing memory card in your mcu. Tesla has been changing their pricing on the MCU2, it started at 2500, then dropped to 1500, and now if your car is hw2/2.5 they charge you 2000.

Even at the new cost the mcu2 upgrade is imo well worth it.

If you do decide to get the mcu upgraded make sure they don't charge you any labor (tesla's website clearly states the cost includes installation), they added almost $300 to my invoice that I'm still trying to get refunded.
Awesome info. Thank you