Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

View Sentry and Dashcam footage on your iPhone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's odd. Try this direct link: ‎Dash View for Tesla Cars

I won't download anything unless it's directly from the App store link from my phone. Might want to figure out why your app doesn't show up even typing in 'Dash View for Tesla Cars". When I do the full name even, this is what I get. Are you not officially approved by Apple yet?

A18B1AA9-61C7-45AC-9135-D6F657C31E04.png

Last edited:
I won't download anything unless it's directly from the App store link from my phone. Might want to figure out why your app doesn't show up even typing in 'Dash View for Tesla Cars". When I do the full name even, this is what I get. Are you not officially approved by Apple yet?

View attachment 479711
Mkdiehl is right it requires iOS 13 because that is the update which Apple added support for USB drives.

• Informative
Reactions: SMAlset
pretty excited, can you explain or enlighten a bit,please?
Nothing is final yet but I am working on two main things for Insights (not sure if they will be seperate apps or one app):
- Easy and simple controls using the Apple Watch
- Car statistics presented in a modern UI with a feature called daily highlights. It will be much simpler and easier to use than anything currently available

Let me know if you have any suggestions or features you would want in this app

• Funny
Reactions: Rachmaninov
Nothing is final yet but I am working on two main things for Insights (not sure if they will be seperate apps or one app):
- Easy and simple controls using the Apple Watch
- Car statistics presented in a modern UI with a feature called daily highlights. It will be much simpler and easier to use than anything currently available

Let me know if you have any suggestions or features you would want in this app
At present, there is no specific App compatible for Apple Watch. Few Apps available are too much stuff. I have come across numerous time both on this forum & Tesla Reddit fans looking for Apps for Apple watch. Not too much fancy information/charts/graphs but basic functions/features will do great.

View attachment 479711
His link just opens the app download in the App Store. You cannot download any apps onto an Apple device except thru Apple’s App Store, unless you jailbreak your device.

Also, are you using the US App Store? Apps may be country specific. If your were, say in Canada and have a Canadian Apple ID, you won’t be able to download apps from the US App Store.

The issue for me is that I’ve held off upgrading my phone so as mentioned will probably be fine finding it and downloading once I do so. Had no idea the app store would only display apps current with your phone version. Thanks for all the replies to my issue.

Hello,
I just downloaded your App "Sentry View", but i'm not able to connect my USB device.

Below my Software / Hardware configuration:
- Iphone Xs
- IOS 13.2.3
- Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter
- SanDisk Ultra Fit USB 3.1 Flash Drive (256 GB)

Using your internet application, I don't have any issue to view the Daslcam video.

Thanks in advance for your help
Patrick

Hello,
I just downloaded your App "Sentry View", but i'm not able to connect my USB device.

Below my Software / Hardware configuration:
- Iphone Xs
- IOS 13.2.3
- Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter
- SanDisk Ultra Fit USB 3.1 Flash Drive (256 GB)

Using your internet application, I don't have any issue to view the Daslcam video.

Thanks in advance for your help
Patrick
I'm not the developer of Sentry View or an internet app, but I am the developer of Dash View (‎Dash View for Tesla Cars). My app should work with your setup.

Can confirm, this app is pretty sweet. I also found what may be the only microSD reader in existence (probably not really) that works without external power. Nice work on the app!

This is great and thank you for this.
I was in an RTA yesterday and afterwards my 128GB USB DID NOT capture it, but it did capture the footage afterwards. I was in shock immediately after the BA"£$%^ drove off at speed. Is there anyway I can re capture the accident footage please?