Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

View sentry mode from iphone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I read that you should be able to view the sentry mode cameras live and seen on another screenshot that there should be an option to view on this screen (screenshot) however I dont have that option at all. IPhone latest app, M3 SR+

1007424D-335B-48D7-8A2B-AE1E230E13C2.jpeg

In addition to the two posts above ( Premium connectivity is required, as well as allowing it in the vehicle), I dont know if it is currently allowed in your country. The location OP put is not in the US, so they need to check with tesla in their country to see if this is available.

There are plenty of things that are available in some places and not others.

Thank you

I believe it is not available in South Korea then because I have Premium connectivity but there is no setting to toggle View camera from mobile as I seen others have under the Safety option.

In addition to the two posts above ( Premium connectivity is required, as well as allowing it in the vehicle), I dont know if it is currently allowed in your country. The location OP put is not in the US, so they need to check with tesla in their country to see if this is available.

There are plenty of things that are available in some places and not others.

I can see why they don't allow it in some countries. It pretty much let the car be a surveillance device with multiple cameras. If I park my car in front of a store or a house, I could turn on my phone and start screen recording and recording everyone goes in and out of the place.

I found the live sentry quite handy. Sometime I forgot to close my garage door when I leave the house in the car parked in the garage. I don't have a smart garage door so when I have that "did I close the garage door moment", short of driving back, the only way to check is to live view the side camera of my other Tesla that parked at the driveway. It points right at the garage door.

Reactions: jo6829
I can see why they don't allow it in some countries. It pretty much let the car be a surveillance device with multiple cameras. If I park my car in front of a store or a house, I could turn on my phone and start screen recording and recording everyone goes in and out of the place.

I found the live sentry quite handy. Sometime I forgot to close my garage door when I leave the house in the car parked in the garage. I don't have a smart garage door so when I have that "did I close the garage door moment", short of driving back, the only way to check is to live view the side camera of my other Tesla that parked at the driveway. It points right at the garage door.

Side note. Many older non-smart garage doors can be upgraded to one with a module, app, and some wiring for a very reasonable price.

Side note. Many older non-smart garage doors can be upgraded to one with a module, app, and some wiring for a very reasonable price.
When the 20+ years old garage door opener breaks... I will upgrade it LOL. The thing is that the current garage door opener is "smart" with at least 1 Tesla parked near it. I can remote sentry view to see if the door is open or close. And I can remote open/close it with the Tesla app (since I have the homelink module in both cars).

Reactions: jeremymc7