Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

View TeslaCam Videos in Browser

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Excellent work. Thanks!!! Thanks again!!!

Requests:
-Next button (to skip playback to the next file set in the playlist)
-Play the first and last 10 seconds mode
-Display the entire file tree in the TeslaCam folder, so that we may select any file set to be played back (to be added much later :)

Thanks!!!

This is awesome!

Request:

- I'm not sure what it's called but I'd like to be able to go to any time stamp I want (like youtube) on a video, if i happened to see something. Cause most of the time I'd put the video on 10x just to see if nothing suspicious is going on but when I do I'd like to be able to go back to it.
- For some reason it won't let me go back to a video after I watched it, would love to be able to do that!

I created a web app for viewing TeslaCam dashcam and sentry video clips that I would like to share and get feedback. Works on Mac or Windows using Chrome, Safari or IE browsers.

TeslaCam Viewer

The app uses your local file system and browser - so nothing to install or upload. Click Choose Files button and select all the mp4 video files within a directory and the app will play the videos from the left, front, and right cameras simultaneously on the screen. Click the speed button to cycle through 1x, 3x or 10x speeds. Will play all the one-minute videos in order by timestamp in the filename.

Let me know any thoughts if this is useful or ideas to make it better. It would be nice if this would just work from the Tesla browser in the car and have access to the files directly mounted from the USB TeslaCam directory.

Could you give the ability to jump to different files within a folder by clicking on the appropriate Video Timestamp? So if you choose a folder that has numerous recordings you could easily check the event trigger first and go back through the others as needed. I know you could just select those, but it would be great to have the entire folder and be able to jump to different videos.

Thanks again, loving this app.

I haven't reveived my MS yet so I cannot test this app guite yet. Just came to my mind that is it possible to view the dascam videos in the car e.g. using mobile phone (Android or iOS)? At least some phones have e.g. USB OTG capability.

I created a web app for viewing TeslaCam dashcam and sentry video clips that I would like to share and get feedback. Works on Mac or Windows using Chrome, Safari or IE browsers.

TeslaCam Viewer

The app uses your local file system and browser - so nothing to install or upload. Click Choose Files button and select all the mp4 video files within a directory and the app will play the videos from the left, front, and right cameras simultaneously on the screen. Click the speed button to cycle through 1x, 3x or 10x speeds. Will play all the one-minute videos in order by timestamp in the filename.

Let me know any thoughts if this is useful or ideas to make it better. It would be nice if this would just work from the Tesla browser in the car and have access to the files directly mounted from the USB TeslaCam directory.

Jeff, this is a great idea.
Where/when can we start using it?

I have recently tested the Sentry Keeper App (which requires installation) but just a web browser based app looks easier.

Where/when can we start using it?

The website is available at:
https://sentrycam.appspot.com

Click the button to open the files... navigate to the files you want to view... select all of the mp4 files and click open. The web app automatically plays the videos from three cameras simultaneously directly from the local file system. Nothing to install or upload.

• Love
Reactions: is2scooby and omkar
This is great, it works on a Chromebook and I always have one in the Tesla charging and ready to go. The Chromebook I have in the 3 has WIFI [free t-mobile] but all of my Chromebooks can connect to my phone's hotspot. I use micro SD cards [w/adapters] so I can play back on just about anything. So with the Chromebook you can play it in or out of the car. I can not thank you enough.