Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

View TeslaCam Videos in Browser

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a March build 2019 M.3 & couldn't get TCV to see my mp4 files when clicking on the 'choose file' from the TCV website (via Chrome & Edge)

I download & installed the HEVC extension for my Win10 PC but all that does it send me to the Win10 built-in video viewer & doesnt have anything to do with EDGE browser as far as I can see.

Any ideas on what I can do for Win 10

I was experiencing the same issue until I used Edge instead of Chrome then it starts showing the video

Reactions: VQTRVA
Updated the site to allow for rear camera in Tesla v10 release! Also a few layout improvements and background enhancements.

Some of the latest videos from Sentry Mode play best in Safari, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge browsers. Click on a video to enlarge it.

TeslaCam Video WebApp Player

I'm debating on best layout for the cameras and open to suggestions. :)

@jdeskins Thank you so much for this.

What's the logic in the 'Jump to Event' switch? It doesn't seem to jump to anything interesting!

In a lot of cases - the event that triggered a Sentry Mode capture takes place about one minute from the end of the recordings. The last file (in the group of files spanning 10 minutes) may only be a few seconds - so the "Jump to Event" button jumps to the previous clips to that one-minute point from the end.

This makes it easier to see what may have triggered an event. There are times when it may just be another car driving down the road (or myself walking up to the car) - but enough for Sentry to trigger and save the recording.

I just got my car a few weeks ago, so it should have HW3, but my clips are H.264 not HEVC. (according to MediaInfo) Does that mean that I don't have HW3 like I should?

After one of the Tesla releases, some of the newer cars were showing H.265 videos. I think some (if not all) of those changed back to H.264. So not an indication if a car is HW3 or not. I need to update the text on the site that refers to H.265 being found in newer cars. Others may be able to provide more info on that. Mine is 2018 with 2.5 and H.264 videos - but are encoded in a way that they don't play in Chrome - so I use Firefox or Safari.

Updated the site to allow for rear camera in Tesla v10 release! Also a few layout improvements and background enhancements.

Some of the latest videos from Sentry Mode play best in Safari, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge browsers. Click on a video to enlarge it.

Nice concept............if you can make it work.........doesn't appear to work.

Is there a way to use the built in car browser?

I'm hoping to combine real time wifi usb access mentioned here or thru Pi and watch the videos in the car browser
Sentry mode - Use an old phone as USB drive

The site loads in the browser - but no file access to the USB drive from the browser. The file open dialog doesn't open. Would be VERY handy if it did connect directly to the USB.

yeah but what if the usb was a wifi stick or on old phone sd card thats broadcasting wifi (details on thread I linked) Can the car browser read over wifi somehow?

surprised tesla doesn't open the usb for direct reading too. Perhaps a bug report/suggestion how to would help