Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

View Waze Incidents on the Tesla browser

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@fact200
@ericwol

- guys put up a paypal donate link or similar
- I feel the need to thank you guys for your excellent work that I enjoy on a daily basis.

only a modest donation mind you ;-)
but if a bunch of us do this it may help you feel your efforts are worthwhile and perhaps help with the hosting costs at least.
Hosting in Azure is about $40 a month. I have some credits so it's not costing me anything right now. If anything, I might set something up down the road.

Ok, I just released a new version.

Perf
OK, we all know this is a Tesla browser, which is notably slow. I made some changes where the updates are faster (I disabled the google maps "fancy" animations). Additionally, the Waze data is now compressed by using gzip, which reduces the network bandwidth by 5X, this is pretty significant of you are on a limited 3G network. The button selections provide immediate feedback as much as possible.

Main screen UI
Next I overhauled the UI on the main screen and integrated it into the Tesla browser UI.
View media item 116270
The road closed icons have been updated
View media item 116265
Weather Radar
Ok..now the big feature in this release...we now have weather radar overlays! This is currently only available in the US and the UK (the US radar images are provided by NOAA).

This feature is off by default. To enable it, first enable the weather bar in the options dialog, and then click on the weather bar radar icon.
View media item 116266
You now have an option to display the weather radar overlay (ON). The SEVERE setting will limit the over to only show heavy rain (this is useful for people who live in areas like Seattle :) ) The last button, will zoom you out to show you the area covered by the radar station. This is useful for long trips and you want to see what is ahead or is coming at you.
View media item 116267
The radar overlay looks like this
View media item 116268
Zoomed out radar view looks like this
View media item 116269
Update is online at
Code:
https://teslawaze.azurewebsites.net/

I have more cool features not done yet, but if you have any issues or suggestions, please send them my way.

--Eric Wolz

Perf
OK, we all know this is a Tesla browser, which is notably slow. I made some changes where the updates are faster (I disabled the google maps "fancy" animations). Additionally, the Waze data is now compressed by using gzip, which reduces the network bandwidth by 5X, this is pretty significant of you are on a limited 3G network. The button selections provide immediate feedback as much as possible.

Main screen UI
Next I overhauled the UI on the main screen and integrated it into the Tesla browser UI.
View media item 116270
View media item 116265
Weather Radar
Ok..now the big feature in this release...we now have weather radar overlays! This is currently only available in the US and the UK (the US radar images are provided by NOAA).

This feature is off by default. To enable it, first enable the weather bar in the options dialog, and then click on the weather bar radar icon.
View media item 116266
You now have an option to display the weather radar overlay (ON). The SEVERE setting will limit the over to only show heavy rain (this is useful for people who live in areas like Seattle :) ) The last button, will zoom you out to show you the area covered by the radar station. This is useful for long trips and you want to see what is ahead or is coming at you.
View media item 116267
View media item 116268
View media item 116269
Update is online at
Code:

I have more cool features not done yet, but if you have any issues or suggestions, please send them my way.

--Eric Wolz
I'd like to shake your hand ! . Great work !

Perf

Main screen UI
View media item 116270
View media item 116265
Weather Radar

View media item 116266
View media item 116267
View media item 116268
View media item 116269
Update is online at
Code:

--Eric Wolz
Any chance to see/track locations of where people are getting tickets? ie actually pulled over and getting the ticket...

Perf

Main screen UI
View media item 116270
View media item 116265
Weather Radar

View media item 116266
View media item 116267
View media item 116268
View media item 116269
Update is online at
Code:

--Eric Wolz
Is it possible to change the views between true north and direction of travel?

I must say, I haven't kept track of this thread, but when the excelsis version of this seems to have been blocked by Tesla, I was a little saddened. But the updates on this new version are GREAT! Superb job, I just hope that we can keep it a secret so that it doesn't get blocked.