Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

View Waze Incidents on the Tesla browser

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Works great, I love it!
...but often will not start up again by itself when I start the car, just stalls and doesn't load...need to refresh. And also doesn't always retain settings for zoom and radar (I made a favorite with the right settings active, did it a couple of times). Not a big deal to get it all going again, just thought I'd mention it.

Works great, I love it!
...but often will not start up again by itself when I start the car, just stalls and doesn't load...need to refresh.
Yea, known issue. The Tesla browser deletes the cache and there is no tile data.

And also doesn't always retain settings for zoom
is the zoom parameter in the saved URL? example
Code:
https://teslawaze.azurewebsites.net/?zoom=18

and radar
Yea, I don't save the radar state.

Thanks for the answers...re your zoom question, sometimes it is shown zoomed out and sometimes not, but it is always in the URL, (I believe, don't always have time to look while driving).
And especially now that you have weather, zoomed out a notch from your default makes sense as a better default - I want to see weather a little further out on my trip that I could avoid by an alternate route...(also accidents and construction). I can still see detail for local stuff at that level..just a thought.
Thanks!

Yea, known issue. The Tesla browser deletes the cache and there is no tile data.

Code:

Yea, I don't save the radar state.

More data:
When I drag the map and then hit "Resume tracking", it reverts to your default zoom, not the one in the saved URL. Refresh and it stays at your default. Go to another website, select the favorite for your version, and it still stays at your default zoom. Expand a notch manually, and then it stays at my expanded level when refreshed.

Code:

Yea, I don't save the radar state.[/QUOTE]

More data:
When I drag the map and then hit "Resume tracking", it reverts to your default zoom, not the one in the saved URL. Refresh and it stays at your default. Go to another website, select the favorite for your version, and it still stays at your default zoom. Expand a notch manually, and then it stays at my expanded level when refreshed.

I think your confusing current zoom with default zoom. Your current zoom state is saved in the browser cookies, so when ever you go back to it, it uses the same zoom level as it was displaying before. Since Tesla does not persist browsers cookies, the current state can't be restored, so the app will "default" to the zoom level that is in the browsers URL. Tesla browser cookies are usually deleted when the car goes to sleep (except for the current site that is loaded in the browser).

Eric-
That isn't what is happening...I always leave my zoom on one notch further out, and that is what I saved as a favorite.,,,but when I "resume" (or at some other seemingly random, but probably not, times) it goes back to standard, not what is in the URL, and refreshing, or even going to another site and then returning, does not use what is in the URL until I manually bump it one notch out....then it persists at that level. Very occasionally, when I initially select my favorite after starting the car (not sure what initial conditions are required), it goes to what is in the URL - one notch out.
It isn't a huge deal, I just hit the "minus" sign to bump it out when needed, but I thought you'd like to know.