Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

View Waze Incidents on the Tesla browser

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where can I find this app/feature? I went to Tesla Traffic Incidents and Information but just get blank page.

If you get a blank page from a desktop browser, it probably means that your browser is not allowing the web site to get your geolocation. Most desktop browsers have privacy settings that will prevent this if you've set them as such.

On the in-car browser, it will always ask you if you want to share geolocation information with the site when you bring it up for the first time.

I hate to admit that I could not discover this for myself, but I'm new to TeslaWaze, and I cannot for the life of me figure out the meaning of the pink icons with the red dots at various places on roadways.
I deduce that they're peculiar to TeslaWaze since I never see them in the iOS Waze app. Is that correct?

I hate to admit that I could not discover this for myself, but I'm new to TeslaWaze, and I cannot for the life of me figure out the meaning of the pink icons with the red dots at various places on roadways.
I deduce that they're peculiar to TeslaWaze since I never see them in the iOS Waze app. Is that correct?

Those are a heat map of the locations where police have been spotted over time. This gives you additional information about police traps, as the highly pink/red areas are locations where police are frequently spotted, even if no police presence is currently being reported there.

You can turn this off in the settings if you like.

• Helpful
Reactions: FlatSix911
Those are a heat map of the locations where police have been spotted over time. This gives you additional information about police traps, as the highly pink/red areas are locations where police are frequently spotted, even if no police presence is currently being reported there.

You can turn this off in the settings if you like.

Turning off the heat map improves performance :cool:

waze ... voice alerts

Waze voice alerts for Police are typically too short - likely to have already been on their Laser long before the Waze voice alert. (Long standard feature-request to have that increased, you can up-vote that, but given how many people have already done that I'm not sure it will help!!)

The Waze journey summary shows a horizontal line with icons for delays etc., and police. I use that to know if there is someone parked up ahead (that has the benefit of being on my journey, rather than "in vicinity of")