Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

View Waze Incidents on the Tesla browser

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's a link to all the UK SCs - a lot more than are in the t-waze list. Tesla Superchargers in United Kingdom | Tesla Motors UK

Yes, I now understand that the distances are in km but that's not useful given that Nav and everything else in the UK are in miles.

Do you mean that, unless someone using an SC reports that, t-w doesn't know? How does one report it?

All those superchargers are in the database, however Tesla-Waze only reports superchargers within a radius of 150 miles of your location.

Yes, the units are a bit inconsistent with some being reported in km. I'll make a note to update this in the future, however the exact distance itself is not terribly useful because, like the Telsa nav, the reported distance to the charger is "as the crow flies", not a routed road distance. The number most useful as a hint as to the relative distances away things are as so that it can sort the list from closest to farthest.

The database used is grabbed from supercharger.info which is kept up-to-date with open supercharges.

The reporting comes in only for the usage data Tesla Waze presents: Teslas using the web app will be automatically detected at superchargers. Because not all Teslas are using the app, users can also manually report a queue at the charger.

Hope this answers all your Qs

I looked at tesla-waze for the first time this morning. I found a list of SuperChargers, but quite implausibly, all sites showed the number of stations but none of them in use.
What area are you looking at? The data reflects other users using the web site in their Teslas; so there are going to be sampling gaps.

Made a few changes this AM to clear up wording, replacing "in use" with "detected". Also, supercharger distances are now reported in miles vs km.

All those superchargers are in the database, however Tesla-Waze only reports superchargers within a radius of 150 miles of your location.

Yes, the units are a bit inconsistent with some being reported in km. I'll make a note to update this in the future, however the exact distance itself is not terribly useful because, like the Telsa nav, the reported distance to the charger is "as the crow flies", not a routed road distance. The number most useful as a hint as to the relative distances away things are as so that it can sort the list from closest to farthest.

The database used is grabbed from supercharger.info which is kept up-to-date with open supercharges.

The reporting comes in only for the usage data Tesla Waze presents: Teslas using the web app will be automatically detected at superchargers. Because not all Teslas are using the app, users can also manually report a queue at the charger.

Hope this answers all your Qs
Yes, thanks for clarifying - and for the mods you made later.

What area are you looking at? The data reflects other users using the web site in their Teslas; so there are going to be sampling gaps.

I'm in SoCal, home of the busiest SuperChargers in the system. Other than maybe 3-4am, I doubt that San Juan Capistrano or Fountain Valley ever has zero users. Tesla-Waze showed 0/8 for Fountain Valley this morning but there were 8 cars charging when I arrived. That reflects a 100% "sampling gap".

What are the odds that out of 17 SC sites within 145 miles of me with a total 147 stalls, all would have zero chargers in use?

Last edited:
I'm in SoCal, home of the busiest SuperChargers in the system. Other than maybe 3-4am, I doubt that San Juan Capistrano or Fountain Valley ever has zero users. Tesla-Waze showed 0/8 for Fountain Valley this morning but there were 8 cars charging when I arrived. That reflects a 100% "sampling gap".

What are the odds that out of 17 SC sites within 145 miles of me with a total 147 stalls, all would have zero chargers in use?

I must be dense. "In use" I can understand. What does "detected" tell me?

The app can not report data that is not available. If you were under the mistaken impression that Fact200's free web page was going to give you an accurate representation of the number of superchargers in use in realtime you simply didn't understand the limitations of the technology.

All that fact200 is doing through his page is a) allowing people to provide feedback on what they saw when they were at the supercharger and incorporating that information, and b) automatically incorporating the information from anyone supercharging who is using his web app.

Since only a tiny proportion of Tesla users are using his web app, I would expect that in most cases the information provided about supercharging usage will not be accurate. You can help others by reporting accurate information when you can.

As for complaining about the shortcomings, the expression "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth" comes to mind. This is a free app, that works very well, and fact200 has asked for nothing in return. In my opinion your criticism, and particularly your tone were out of line.

Knowing the volume at a SpC outside of densely SpC covered SOCAL
is not very important info that I need to know.
when on a road trip what choice other than waiting do you have if the SpC is busy? it's not like there's another one a few miles away.

Good point. Information on location of SuperChargers and number of stalls can be useful but info on number of stalls in use matters only where there may be SpCs close to one another (Truckee, CA, or Roseville, for example, where there are two SpCs within 5 miles of one another). Given Andyw2100's explanation that only a tiny fraction of Tesla drivers use the app, then it appears that usage values are not going to be useful any time soon in any case.

What would be really great would be for Tesla to collect and distribute real time usage status, but people on TMC have been asking in vain for that feature on Tesla Nav for years. Maybe they haven't done it for just the reason you brought up. Only in a few locations, or for locals (without home charging capability) who don't have time constraints on visiting a SpC would it be helpful anyway.