Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

View Waze Incidents on the Tesla browser

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
:) Hey guys! I have been working on a bunch of changes to the Tesla Waze app and now includes features that I wanted in it. This update now includes:

Hi DPI support
Google maps is now using HI-DPI map tiles and the Waze DPI scale now matches the Tesla navigation scale (no more small fonts).
View media item 116134View media item 116135
Traffic
Map now displays Google traffic layer (same as Tesla navigation traffic layer).
View media item 116136Traffic jams now have arrows to show traffic direction.
View media item 116137Road closures now show as black/yellow strip paths.
View media item 116138
Red Light Cameras
Red light/speed camera icons are now available for most of the US and Canada.
View media item 116139Alerts will popup when approaching red light and speed cameras.
View media item 116140
Configuration settings
Configuration settings are now under a settings button
View media item 116141
Zoom
Zoom buttons now shows disable state at max/min zoom

Map declutters when zoomed out (alerts older than 15 min are removed)
Alert Info Box
Alert balloon text is now bigger and contains more info (age, likes, user comments).

You can now touch anywhere on the display to dismiss the balloons (Tesla UI behavior).
View media item 116142
Old Police Reports
Police alerts greater than 21 minutes are now shown grayed out.
View media item 116143
Icon Updates
Major accident alerts are now tagged on the icon.
View media item 116144Selected warning alerts also contain the warning type.
View media item 116145Police traps have updated icons
View media item 116146Supercharger info now shows details about the charging location.
View media item 116147
Configuration Dialog
Maps configurations are now under the configuration dialog
View media item 116148All alert displays are customizable.
View media item 116149Users can report Traffic Camera changes (still in Beta, requires backend support).
View media item 116150
Day/Night Mode
There is now an “Auto” mode for the map. Day/Night map style now default to automatic based on geo location and time of day.

Night map colors now match Tesla navigation night mode colors.

When map pans, back fill color is now dark when in night mode (this use to be white).
View media item 116151

:):)

@fact200, obviously these changes (attached ZIP file) needs to be integrated/hosted. If you have any questions about the changes, please feel free to send them to me.

--Eric
Can you explain how to install or use this? Thx

the poll is limited to every 30 seconds, speed wouldn't be practical.

You could crowdfund it and host it in Azure. it's pretty cheap hosting/easy to use.

LOVE the upgrades/changes, CANNOT wait to see them in my car! Would love even more if the Tesla Nav app did 1/2 this stuff!
Way to go!

@ericwol,

Awesome upgrade of this app. I downloaded your package and hosted it on my development server. Unfortunately, I'm running into some issues in the car.

When the site loads, I get the zoom in/zoom out icons and settings icon on the screen, then the app begins to load the Google map tiles. You can see very briefly that 2-4 of them get loaded, then the screen goes to an "Oops, something went wrong. The Google map tiles could not be loaded, see the Javascript console for details."

Could you look into why that may be happening? I'm running Tesla firmware 2.36.108 (v8.0 initial release) in the car.

:) Hey guys! I have been working on a bunch of changes to the Tesla Waze app and now includes features that I wanted in it. This update now includes:

Hi DPI support
Google maps is now using HI-DPI map tiles and the Waze DPI scale now matches the Tesla navigation scale (no more small fonts).
View media item 116134View media item 116135
Traffic
Map now displays Google traffic layer (same as Tesla navigation traffic layer).
View media item 116136Traffic jams now have arrows to show traffic direction.
View media item 116137Road closures now show as black/yellow strip paths.
View media item 116138
Red Light Cameras
Red light/speed camera icons are now available for most of the US and Canada.
View media item 116139Alerts will popup when approaching red light and speed cameras.
View media item 116140
Configuration settings
Configuration settings are now under a settings button
View media item 116141
Zoom
Zoom buttons now shows disable state at max/min zoom

Map declutters when zoomed out (alerts older than 15 min are removed)
Alert Info Box
Alert balloon text is now bigger and contains more info (age, likes, user comments).

You can now touch anywhere on the display to dismiss the balloons (Tesla UI behavior).
View media item 116142
Old Police Reports
Police alerts greater than 21 minutes are now shown grayed out.
View media item 116143
Icon Updates
Major accident alerts are now tagged on the icon.
View media item 116144Selected warning alerts also contain the warning type.
View media item 116145Police traps have updated icons
View media item 116146Supercharger info now shows details about the charging location.
View media item 116147
Configuration Dialog
Maps configurations are now under the configuration dialog
View media item 116148All alert displays are customizable.
View media item 116149Users can report Traffic Camera changes (still in Beta, requires backend support).
View media item 116150
Day/Night Mode
There is now an “Auto” mode for the map. Day/Night map style now default to automatic based on geo location and time of day.

Night map colors now match Tesla navigation night mode colors.

When map pans, back fill color is now dark when in night mode (this use to be white).
View media item 116151

:):)

@fact200, obviously these changes (attached ZIP file) needs to be integrated/hosted. If you have any questions about the changes, please feel free to send them to me.

--Eric

Nice! I'll try to take a look asap.

Boy, combine this with TestaWind (wind speed, wind direction and elevation) and add stock prices :) and I'd pay for the app :) :)

Tesla Winds and Elevation Web Browser App

Yea, I plan on doing this. It is kind of a PITA setting this up. To do this right, most of the work would be in oh the back end. The POR is to put a disk around the car icon to show wind direction. Anyways, I keep adding features and I wanted to let up guys play with what I had.

Reactions: jvonbokel and Nevek
@ericwol,

Awesome upgrade of this app. I downloaded your package and hosted it on my development server. Unfortunately, I'm running into some issues in the car.

When the site loads, I get the zoom in/zoom out icons and settings icon on the screen, then the app begins to load the Google map tiles. You can see very briefly that 2-4 of them get loaded, then the screen goes to an "Oops, something went wrong. The Google map tiles could not be loaded, see the Javascript console for details."

Could you look into why that may be happening? I'm running Tesla firmware 2.36.108 (v8.0 initial release) in the car.
Sure, send me a link offline