Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

View Waze Incidents on the Tesla browser

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@ericwol noticed something minor last night when teslawaze is in dark mode on the top part of the display you get a fine white line along the bottom edge of the window, this is not visible when it’s on the lower part of the display.
Known issue. The Tesla browser ignores the "user-scalable=no" header meta-tag (tesla browser bug?), so the body can only fill 99.9% of the browser window height. I can fix this by painting the body background black in dark mode, just did not have the time yet it fix it. Yes...it bugs me too

Well, we have been living with mapbox maps for a month now, and I was not really happy with their traffic layer. I just pushed out an update that now pulls traffic data from the waze feed. Traffic is now fully render on the server side, so there should be some improvements in the car browser. Over future release, I'm going to move more rendering on the server, hopefully free up some CPU cycles on the car browser.

I typed the exact URL shown above manually into my Tesla browser, it works fine, also works on my iPad.

Oliver
You need to make sure your browser has been given access to location. It usually asks, but in some browsers on windows, such as chrome or edge, it will be blank until you grant access. In chrome, next to the star in the URL bar there will be a little location icon with a red x in it. Hit that and click the link that says to fix it. Then reload the page.

Chris

I'm a heavy user and lover of this app, I have it on all the time ! Only issue I have is that I have to reboot my Center Console about every day, because the web browser has become unresponsive and the page doesn't load anymore. Are you all experiencing the same thing ? Looks like a memory leak in the MCU's browser ?

Funny because i thought it was just my car but i have the same issue. Once i reboot it works flawlessly until the next day again.

I'm a heavy user and lover of this app, I have it on all the time ! Only issue I have is that I have to reboot my Center Console about every day, because the web browser has become unresponsive and the page doesn't load anymore. Are you all experiencing the same thing ? Looks like a memory leak in the MCU's browser ?

I am still on 2018.18 I made the choice to not upgrade the firmware because of feedback on the AutoPilot increased nagging. Now there is another reason for me not to upgrade. I have no issues with this app. No re-booting needed.

Same here, though I don’t like to reboot, so I compromise by using it only when needed.
Sometimes when it is frozen, I can still browse to another site (one not using gps location) and then browsing back to the Waze site works. But not always.