Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

View Waze Incidents on the Tesla browser

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, running the website in Chrome for a day, shows max memory usage of the JavaScript VM instance is 16 MB.

Maybe current Chrome version is water tight, but Tesla browser is a sieve? :)

I'm sure your code is tight, but deliberately doing some garbage collection might help [prevent Browser leakage]?

Pain-in-the-behind to have to work around though ... and I'm sure my advice to you is the same as when I told my Granny about all those eggs that needed sucking :)

• Funny
Reactions: SpudLime
I'm finishing another rewrite (yet again) of the teslawaze app, and I think the new version address all the current problems. You should see a noticeable speed improvement and it looks like the browser crashes are gone, so hang in there a little longer.

• Moved the MAP apis from OpenLayer to Leaflet
  • Fixed DPI scaling (map and labels are crisper)
  • Map panning is now usable
  • Traffic camera alerts are now process on a background thread (distance of alerts are now more reliable)

I'm finishing another rewrite (yet again) of the teslawaze app, and I think the new version address all the current problems. You should see a noticeable speed improvement and it looks like the browser crashes are gone, so hang in there a little longer.

• Traffic camera alerts are now process on a background thread (distance of alerts are now more reliable)

Did the weather radar overlay stop working? Seems that way for a few days now.

Thank you for all of your hard work. I use your app every day for 120 miles a day. You rock

Eric, I've also been using your site on my Model S browser since you made it a couple yrs ago (previously used the excelsius one), you should add a link on that site for people to donate for support/hosting costs!

Does it work on the Model 3 browser they just released? I told Fred Lambert at Electrek.co that he should reach out to you and write an article about your site so new owners can use it :)

Ever since the brouhaha re Google charging for development a few months ago, my Tesla Traffic Incidents and Information has been very on and off -- mostly off. It will ask me to allow location access and then just not work. Mostly, it'll show the screen as it was the last time it was working. This could have been a week ago. This morning, it worked okay for about 20 minutes and then froze up. Later, it worked for almost an hour, then froze. Reload page doesn't make it better. I haven't seen much on this for a while, but perhaps I'm looking in the wrong places. Any help will be appreciated.

Ever since the brouhaha re Google charging for development a few months ago, my Tesla Traffic Incidents and Information has been very on and off -- mostly off. It will ask me to allow location access and then just not work. Mostly, it'll show the screen as it was the last time it was working. This could have been a week ago. This morning, it worked okay for about 20 minutes and then froze up. Later, it worked for almost an hour, then froze. Reload page doesn't make it better. I haven't seen much on this for a while, but perhaps I'm looking in the wrong places. Any help will be appreciated.
The issue has nothing to do with moving off of Google maps. It just coincided with the Tesla update of the browser to HTML5, which is very buggy and the JavaScript VM crashes all the time for no apparent reasons.

The issue has nothing to do with moving off of Google maps. It just coincided with the Tesla update of the browser to HTML5, which is very buggy and the JavaScript VM crashes all the time for no apparent reasons.
Okay, so It's not just me; that's strangely comforting. I appreciate all of your work on this app. It's really great when Tesla lets it work. I'm happy to await further progress.

Reactions: jthompson