Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

View Waze Incidents on the Tesla browser

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am writing to see if the author or others have had any experience using the Waze app while using the updated V9 software? I have heard one specific issue which the browser cuts off the bottom of his app which prevents access to the setup and zoom buttons. Also, does Waze run faster/better on MCU1 screens with the V9 update?

Reactions: darkroommd
The buttons are cut off. I cannot select them.
15388468021355197249214174794506.jpg

Can't you make the browser window a little taller? (I'm not sure that would actually get you to the buttons.)
Tried that - you can somewhat size the browser but they are still cut off.

Interestingly for the first second or two when the page loads the buttons are there. And you can select them if you are fast enough. But literally just for a second or two. Looks to me like a style sheet overlay gets applied that the browser doesn't like.

I am writing to see if the author or others have had any experience using the Waze app while using the updated V9 software? I have heard one specific issue which the browser cuts off the bottom of his app which prevents access to the setup and zoom buttons. Also, does Waze run faster/better on MCU1 screens with the V9 update?
:
I have seen the same issue. Also, I have noticed the following (probably none of these are Eric's issues)
  • The new browser window does not completely fill the screen. With Tesla's map in the background and the Teslawaze map as big as I can make it, it's pretty unattractive to look at.
  • Returning to the car after leaving the car with teslawaze up, the browser window is gone and the audio window is up. Have to call up the Teslawaze window again and re-size it.
  • Calling up the temp controls also closes the browser window and when I call it back up, it is bact to the 1/2 window size.
  • In my 1-hour trip, the teslawaze app seemed more reliable. Didn't cut out at all.

Tried that - you can somewhat size the browser but they are still cut off.

Interestingly for the first second or two when the page loads the buttons are there. And you can select them if you are fast enough. But literally just for a second or two. Looks to me like a style sheet overlay gets applied that the browser doesn't like.
The style for the setting bar is "bottom: 0" so if it's getting cut off, it's a Tesla browser bug. I don't have v9 yet.....don't really want it.

If your browser freezes, bringing up the media player and the energy graph apparently swaps the browser out of memory and causes a reload when you bring it back on screen. This does it for me. Pity that Teslawaze causes this, seems some kind of polling routine that gets stuck.
This sounds like a garage collection issue. Dumping the process flushes the memory.

My 2016 85D froze after about 30 minutes of use. Actually time of use varied, but it consistently froze.
I traded in that car for a brand new 75D (1 week old today) and still freezes regularly. Bummer.

I typically tap the button to full screen and back or tap button to swap browser back and forth to refresh. One time I had to do a reboot of the screen.

What do you mean by “swap browser back and forth”?

I've got my screen split in two with the top half usually showing the back up camera and the bottom half the browser with waze.

From time to time the browser on the bottom half freezes. Some combination of expanding the browser to fill screen and swapping the top half of the screen to the bottom half usually works for me.

I may be running a very old version. A while back i did hear some rumblings on here that the split screen functionality went away.

I've got my screen split in two with the top half usually showing the back up camera and the bottom half the browser with waze.

From time to time the browser on the bottom half freezes. Some combination of expanding the browser to fill screen and swapping the top half of the screen to the bottom half usually works for me.

I may be running a very old version. A while back i did hear some rumblings on here that the split screen functionality went away.
Yes, the split screen, at least in the traditional sense, was lost in version 9. I will experiment with other ways of manipulating the screen to see if that helps.