Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Viewing Falcon 9 launch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am currently aboard a cruise ship that will be docking at Port Canaveral tomorrow morning at 0600. Maybe some of you Floridians could tell me what are my chances of having a good view ( or any view at all) of the scheduled Falcon 9 launch at 0700? This is a huge ship, and I can watch from the 15th level . This may not be the place for this question, but time is short, so please forgive me. I am an early morning 3/31/16 Model 3 reservation holder, but leaning heavily toward Model X right now.

I am currently aboard a cruise ship that will be docking at Port Canaveral tomorrow morning at 0600. Maybe some of you Floridians could tell me what are my chances of having a good view ( or any view at all) of the scheduled Falcon 9 launch at 0700? This is a huge ship, and I can watch from the 15th level . This may not be the place for this question, but time is short, so please forgive me. I am an early morning 3/31/16 Model 3 reservation holder, but leaning heavily toward Model X right now.

Look north and I'm pretty sure you will get a view of both launch and landing. About 13 miles I think from LC-39A and I think is one of the recommended sites to view anyways.

Last edited:
Maybe some of you Floridians could tell me what are my chances of having a good view ( or any view at all) of the scheduled Falcon 9 launch at 0700? .

You should have no problems seeing the launch assuming no heavy cloud cover. I used to live in Sanford and regularly watched shuttle launches from my front yard 50 miles NW of the cape.

Around 20-25 of us were standing outside on deck 15. The weather was getting cloudier by the minute, and a little blustery. It started to rain slightly. I was beginning to worry that the weather may cause an aborted launch. But nooooo! Something else caused it. Bummer. A lot of disappointment all around. BTW, thanks to all who gave me the information on the lay of the land.