TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Viewing Falcon 9 launch

Discussion in 'SpaceX' started by Carbot, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Carbot

Carbot Member

I am currently aboard a cruise ship that will be docking at Port Canaveral tomorrow morning at 0600. Maybe some of you Floridians could tell me what are my chances of having a good view ( or any view at all) of the scheduled Falcon 9 launch at 0700? This is a huge ship, and I can watch from the 15th level . This may not be the place for this question, but time is short, so please forgive me. I am an early morning 3/31/16 Model 3 reservation holder, but leaning heavily toward Model X right now.

2. hockeythug

hockeythug Active Member

#2 hockeythug, Apr 29, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    Look north and I'm pretty sure you will get a view of both launch and landing. About 13 miles I think from LC-39A and I think is one of the recommended sites to view anyways.

3. NikeWings

NikeWings Active Member

4. M0DEL³

M0DEL³ Dilluting Kool-Aid with Realism daily.

You should have no problems seeing the launch assuming no heavy cloud cover. I used to live in Sanford and regularly watched shuttle launches from my front yard 50 miles NW of the cape.

5. Carbot

Carbot Member

Around 20-25 of us were standing outside on deck 15. The weather was getting cloudier by the minute, and a little blustery. It started to rain slightly. I was beginning to worry that the weather may cause an aborted launch. But nooooo! Something else caused it. Bummer. A lot of disappointment all around. BTW, thanks to all who gave me the information on the lay of the land.