Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Viewing ISS and Dragon fly over

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

slcasner

Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2011
Sunnyvale, CA
I've been monitoring the list of ISS Sighting opportunities in the NASA app, and on Saturday night there was a good high-azimuth one lasting five minutes on a clear night in the SF Bay Area. What I hadn't considered until I saw it was that the Dragon supply ship was approaching the ISS that night! There was a little spot tracking right after the ISS as it passed across the sky.

Reactions: augkuo and GoTslaGo
My neighbor knocked on my door that night telling me to come outside and see the Dragon and ISS. Unfortunately by the time I got my shoes and coat on the track of the two vehicles had progressed so far that the Dragon was no longer visible. The ISS was really bright, but my wife and I could not quite make out the Dragon.

I have received Spot the Station notifications in the past but for some reason that night I didn’t get any.

My neighbor knocked on my door that night telling me to come outside and see the Dragon and ISS. Unfortunately by the time I got my shoes and coat on the track of the two vehicles had progressed so far that the Dragon was no longer visible. The ISS was really bright, but my wife and I could not quite make out the Dragon.

I have received Spot the Station notifications in the past but for some reason that night I didn’t get any.

I signed up for the text notifications there, the when it is time, I pop into the Starwalk app to track the ISS.
Although something that notifies my based on my location (I travel quite a bit) would be better.