Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Viewing Sentry Recordings and Dashcam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

Has anyone else noticed the delay now in viewing Sentry Events or Dashcam?

Mine used to be pretty swift but now takes ages to load anything up.

The USB 256GB flash drive has worked perfectly up until around V11 coming out. Its been formatted etc but still getting the same delays when trying to view anything on it.

Reactions: Wol747
Anyone had recent issues with USB for Sentry? I’ve used Samsung FIT plus 128Gb with good results for the past two years.

Had a failed recording after coming back and finding a scuffed bumper last month. Tried a reformat in-car, but still no joy.

Replaced with another the same from Amazon (sold by Amazon directly, not just fulfilled by so hopefully genuine). It’s been showing as corrupt every few days and requires formatting to resurrect each time.

Just wondering if others are experiencing the same since recent updates, or if I’ve just been unlucky with two sticks.

Anyone had recent issues with USB for Sentry? I’ve used Samsung FIT plus 128Gb with good results for the past two years.

Had a failed recording after coming back and finding a scuffed bumper last month. Tried a reformat in-car, but still no joy.

Replaced with another the same from Amazon (sold by Amazon directly, not just fulfilled by so hopefully genuine). It’s been showing as corrupt every few days and requires formatting to resurrect each time.

Just wondering if others are experiencing the same since recent updates, or if I’ve just been unlucky with two sticks.
My sentry has been playing up the past week.
Tesla USB stick at first - Works for a while after reformatting then fails again. Plugged in a Samsung SSD & exactly the same.

I logged a service request as my usb has constantly been unavailable. I have tried a couple of USBs and reformatting them.

Tesla called back to say this is a known software issue, in cars with atom processors and the failure to detect the usb. It should be resolved with version 16 update.

• Informative
Reactions: emmz0r and DeejUK
I logged a service request as my usb has constantly been unavailable. I have tried a couple of USBs and reformatting them.

Tesla called back to say this is a known software issue, in cars with atom processors and the failure to detect the usb. It should be resolved with version 16 update.
Version 16? What exactly is that in full version number?

I mean I am on 2021.4.16... So you guys have to downgrade to get it fixed! Makes sense! since it was fast before. Is that what you mean? Or is it 2022.12.16?
You are running old software. The number after the 2022 is the week number. This is the number that will change when significant changes to the system software are made. Other numbers are generally subsidiary changes and bug fixes. The current software version starts 2022.12.x You are presumably waiting for a future iteration i.e. 2022.16

To follow the latest versions, and how those versions are spread across a number of cars go to: https://www.teslafi.com/firmware.php

Reactions: emmz0r
I think you are being trolled by a pedant @Adopado - I will give them the benefit of the doubt that as a so called senior software engineer on here since 2018 that they are not that thick and/or naïve in the ways of Tesla versioning conventions. But you probably knew that and were giving as good as you got.

I think you are being trolled by a pedant @Adopado - I will give them the benefit of the doubt that as a so called senior software engineer on here since 2018 that they are not that thick and/or naïve in the ways of Tesla versioning conventions. But you probably knew that and were giving as good as you got.

Yes, a remarkable title for someone struggling to understand version numbers! It really couldn't be any clearer so if there are further misunderstandings we'll know for sure that it's a plonker puller.