Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Viewing Sentry Videos in App [where is the software update?]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How many of you received updates to view sentry mode videos on App? I have seen YouTube videos of people receiving this update and showing it on their channels, they received it more than 6 weeks back. I understand Tesla will update software in batches, but will it takes 6 weeks? I am have selected option to get advance software updates, so why are they delaying. I am disappointed at Tesla, I even paid for FSD, I don't even get beta. I don't even get software updates. I sent an email to them, I have not received a response.

Even a $30 Wyze camera pushes notifications to the phone to view the video's remotely on phone, how difficult is it for a 50K+ car to provide this service?

How many of you received updates to view sentry mode videos on App? I have seen YouTube videos of people receiving this update and showing it on their channels, they received it more than 6 weeks back. I understand Tesla will update software in batches, but will it takes 6 weeks? I am have selected option to get advance software updates, so why are they delaying. I am disappointed at Tesla, I even paid for FSD, I don't even get beta. I don't even get software updates. I sent an email to them, I have not received a response.

Wait, you paid for FSD, and are not disappointed with the results?
Your biggest complaint is lack of timely sentry video notifications?
Really?

Even a $30 Wyze camera pushes notifications to the phone to view the video's remotely on phone, how difficult is it for a 50K+ car to provide this service?
It costs a fair amount of $$$ to push video content over the air. Are you paying for premium connectivity service?
Without it, don't expect remote video feeds! Tesla is not subsidizing those.

a

I dont think there has been any software update to "view sentry videos in the app" as per your thread title. Maybe I am mis understanding it, however, because I also do not have the latest software version.

What I thought it was, was the ability to view the sentry cameras LIVE (not sentry videos). As for "where is my software update" there are plenty of threads on that topic, where your post now resides, in the software subforum.

Reactions: chrstna4
Sentry mode requires version 2021.36.8 +, but can only stream live camera feeds (hence the name Sentry Mode Live Camera Access). It does not access recorded data from the USB drive.

To see recorded videos, you will have to use a 3rd party app or view it through your car.