Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vin 0062x pickup in Tampa 12/23 at 6pm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I am concerned about the rear view in the model X. Can you take some additional pictures of the view for the driver in the rear view mirror - perhaps with some bright light or identifiable people/objects behind the vehicle?

Thanks!
View out of a 6 seater:

IMG_5989.JPG

View out of a 6 seater...
Great photo Max!

I agree it looks dark like that but a slight bit brighter as the eye can adjust. The dark tint on all the windows in the 2nd and 3rd row seat area cause a dark view through the rear window. As I drive the cars are visible in the darkness, but don't expect to enjoy the view of the landscape through the rear window. Use the rear screen camera if you need a better view of traffic.

The question was asked at the Tesla Forum and someone posted a link to another photo and it's just as dark: https://www.flickr.com/photos/60130513@N07/

Did you notice one of the neatest features of the Model X Signature? The windshield air vents are covered with the grill. No reflections of plastic vents to mar the view through the huge windshield. That makes me very happy since I have enjoyed that feature for over 3 years with Model S Signature. (I have no idea if the production models will be the same.)

Makes Max's six seater the logical choice for a clearer view, however you can fold down the rear headrests as the original thread indicates: Visibility from side and rear mirrors | Forums | Tesla Motors

update: Silly me, folding down the rear seat headrests doesn't help with that 2nd row. Maybe if Tesla could make the seats fold? Now that's a good idea. :smile:

Last edited:
The pictures with the view from the driving position were very helpful. This is what convinced me to go ahead and submit my order (Production 17XXX), rather than waiting for a test drive. I'm 6'8" and have avoided the S due primarily to this issue (despite fitting reasonably well in the car, the view was a bit borderline...I could probably live with it, but not happily).