Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vin 0062x pickup in Tampa 12/23 at 6pm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Odd that this doesn't match what was on Elon's X at the launch. Those were Yokohama Parada tires. Doubt that he would put different tires on his at the launch event. Perhaps one of the lucky X-Mas owners could confirm the brand and model? I know it's been posted in some other threads though.

Actually, he got flak for not having an offered wheel + tire choice on his car at the launch event. As others said, he got an available set afterwards.

Thanks for taking time to share so many details with us. The pics with 'humans in seats' are invaluable, you can judge roominess so much better than in "empty" photos and renderings.

If the kids would be willing to pose for a back seat pic, it would tell a lot about headroom. (Wash hands before reaching for the ceiling, LOL!)

Best of luck with the hiccup's resolution. I am sure it will be taken care of.

Tesla is Amazing! They came to my house today to fix the issue with the car. It will need a part from California so they took my car and left a loaner (S) for a few days.

I have dealt with some good car dealerships including Land Rover, Jaguar and Lincoln. Tesla is a whole level above even the best dealership I have dealt with.

Tesla is Amazing! They came to my house today to fix the issue with the car. It will need a part from California so they took my car and left a loaner (S) for a few days.

I have dealt with some good car dealerships including Land Rover, Jaguar and Lincoln. Tesla is a whole level above even the best dealership I have dealt with.
But it is because it is the X that they are trying to get out and told the stock holders/investors they would be building several hundred a week in Dec. By most metrics they have failed.

Very glad they are treating people well and glad you are happy. Clearly once the car is out for a while like the S they are not doing this level of help.

I, and I'm sure 100's, appreciate you very early Xs working through these issues.

But it is because it is the X that they are trying to get out and told the stock holders/investors they would be building several hundred a week in Dec. By most metrics they have failed.

So you have access to the production line statistics? Awesome. Would you be willing to share?

Or are you basing that statement on the number of cars delivered so far? That would be a rather poor proxy for what they are building right now as the cars go through unusually long testing and retesting before being cleared for delivery. And given that it looks like they'll deliver a few hundred Sigs in the next few weeks, that does sound like they might be producing several hundred a week right now.

Think you might be wrong Scott. Based on postings in the various forums it looks like there will be a ton of deliveries between Xmas and the new year, and a few hundred more still at the factory.

It is difficult to have confidence in the process when the factory said less than a week ago that my teenage VIN X had left Fremont and then the DS says today that the factory advisors don't always know what is occurring and he doesn't have status and will have to get back to me. Meanwhile, similar VINs have already arrived a week ago. IMHO, the process is broken for those who wait with conflicting information from different departments who really don't know what is going on.

(UPDATE: The "really don't know" in this situation is the exact location of the vehicle during the shipping process. An additional call to "Sales" was the charm with a range of dates of estimated arrival time. It verifies that what was said before could be accurate, if the vehicle was on the carrier. Also, my "over" could be "less than" in the above paragraph as I re-read it. That would reflect more accuracy in this situation and I corrected that paragraph.)

Last edited:
While taking delivery of my X in Tampa, there were 2 more Xs being prepared for delivery. I was not allowed to get close enough to see any VINs.

My online status never showed anything other than confirmed and then boom, come get it in about 36 hours.

I share both details because I believe that Tesla is doing everything possible to deliver lots of Xs this month. I believe they will.

Things may be moving faster than the normal Tesla process can accommodate in their desire to get all of us our cars as quickly as they can (and yes, to meet delivery promises to shareholders - but that is part of being a publicly traded company).

I will also say that they gave me a P85+ loaner and it is a great car, but the comfort and features of the X blow it away! I am sounding like a fanboy and I am really not. I tend to be analytical and pragmatic. The X is just that good.

It is difficult to have confidence in the process when the factory said over a week ago that my teenage VIN X had left Fremont and then the DS says today that the factory advisors don't always know what is occurring and he doesn't have status and will have to get back to me. Meanwhile, similar VINs have already arrived a week ago. IMHO, the process is broken for those who wait with conflicting information from different departments who really don't know what is going on.
So in the case of my completely botched Model S P85D delivery, the DS was the least knowledgable and competent part of the process.