Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vin # 10,000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see about 10 of us on these forums received the button earlier this week....for an estimated delivery in first two weeks of May. Seems to roughly coincide with the completion of the 10,000th S car. With 500 cars a week built, I figure there is a 1 in 50 chance one of us 10 will get VIN # 10,000. I hope one of you gets it, but count me out...I never win things.

I see about 10 of us on these forums received the button earlier this week....for an estimated delivery in first two weeks of May. Seems to roughly coincide with the completion of the 10,000th S car. With 500 cars a week built, I figure there is a 1 in 50 chance one of us 10 will get VIN # 10,000. I hope one of you gets it, but count me out...I never win things.
Yeah, I'm #9108 with delivery on the 27th. So, figure #10,000 rolls off 9 factory days later; May 9?

Yeah, I'm #9108 with delivery on the 27th. So, figure #10,000 rolls off 9 factory days later; May 9?
Like all things TESLA, the numbers don't follow a reliable order. My number is 9038 and I will get my car probably after you. They said would be produced this week, but even if so, they need to ship it across the country and a few more days to get it in my hands. will be interesting to see if someone posts it one this website

I'm right in that delivery window (5/4-5/18).
How long after the delivery button should I get my VIN?

Good luck Jeff...in reading some other recent deliveries, it seems like the app will connect roughly 10 days after receiving the delivery button (which you can see the VIN number on) and the early deliveries in the provided window are 10 days after that. Many have called in to get their VIN before the app connects, but I'm not gonna bug them. But please report back if you do get a VIN....and good luck! Looks like we will start to get app connects / more info on VINs mid next week.

I'm still in the running for 10k. No VIN as of today and my delivery window is bang on. The highest VIN posted so far is 9538 for a May 1-15 window.

Only about 5% of people post their VIN on TMC - it'll be a long shot if we will ever know who got it. Maybe Elon will deliver #10000 personally - it's an awesome milestone.

No doubt an amazing milestone considering how fast Tesla got there (relatively speaking.) I don't have my VIN yet either. It's possible..

This is so crazy...my delivery window is May 8-22 so...could I really stand a chance? I couldn't imagine owning this car being any more thrilling, but if I was VIN 10,000 it would just be AWESOME. One more thing now to keep me up at night!

So after 10,000 are you still considered an 'early adopter' ? Where IS the cutoff???

It's not the VIN number that matters - it's the intent. With very few exceptions, all Tesla Model S owners will be early adopters. Any individual buying an electric car at this nascent state would be considered an early adopter by any marketing firm. In a world population of 7 billion, EV owners currently number fewer than 1-in-50000.