Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN # 2284x is going to be delivered on June 2, what about 2281x?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, in the spreadsheet there is a Model 3 identical to mine that (let's say) has VIN 2284x and it has a delivery date on the west coast of (let's say) June 2nd. Now my VIN is (let's say) 2281x. Does this imply that my car is already assembled? And will soon be shipped to the east coast? I got the 'push back to July' letter, but this might mean I'll get mine in June, right? Can we assume that a red, aero VIN 2281x will be assembled before red, aero 2284x? My ISA has been in contact with me but I don't have a delivery date yet.

In the larger view, I think it's clear they are not in sequence. But in a more granular sense, where there's a new block of identical cars (for example, all red, aero, USA cars with VINs from 22800 to 22870), I think it is likely that the VINs may be produced in sequence. I hope this is the case, anyway, since that would mean my car is on the way!

Last edited:
I have the same red, aero car ordered and also got the dreaded push back to July email. I have VIN 260xx and got my first call (voicemail) on 5/26 telling me they hoped to schedule delivery here in Costa Mesa, CA "before the end of the month" but delivery slots were limited. I've seen VINs over 30k scheduled for delivery next week so I don't think VIN are built in numerical order. I hope to have a date and time after the holiday weekend (bad timing). Best of luck to you!