Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vin 346 Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was able to pick up Vin 346 yesterday (1/28) in Costa Mesa. I've been waiting for this for some time, originally believing that it was going to be delivered prior to December 31 (up until December 29 they were telling me that), having the vehicle sit in the transportation abyss for quite some time, and then turning in my Model S for the trade two week ago and driving an ICE vehicle (I only once got into the HOV lane accidentally).

Needless to say, my DS knows me well as I would call every few days to check on the vehicle - or to find out if it was real or not... She demonstrated extreme patience with me! I did get to see the car on Saturday - prior to it entering PDI at the SC - so my boys got to look at it - but not sit in it. It looks like my car entered production on November 30 according to the sticker that was still on then.

As I paid for the car last year, it was relatively easy with the paperwork - just too about 5 minutes. No pre-paid service was offered - I did that on the S, not sure I would do it again anyway. I walked out to the car and they had all the employees lining the walkway and cheering. It was pretty neat - and all the frustrations melted away.

The delivery process was very much geared towards pointing out the differences between the S and the X. I had an early S, so these new fangled automatic charging doors, power mirrors, and parking sensors was almost too much... :biggrin: I will say that the X feels much more refined and I feel as though the interior of the car begins to approach what I was used to prior to Tesla. I aways discounted the S because of the technology, drive, and innovation - I think the X starts to combine that. The seats and interior reminded me of my wife's Range Rover - which is a good thing.

Attention was really given to making sure that I understood and felt comfortable in the X. I can't understate the importance of this. I'm typically the guy that takes the keys and figures it out myself, so they made it brief, but very informative.

Unfortunately, I got to put about 5 miles on the vehicle after I got it as I had to go straight to the airport to leave town. Those 5 miles were magical. I had a P85, so the acceleration is crazy. The ride is significantly better than the S and the wind noise is noticeably absent. The windshield - oh my - I just kept looking up at stop lights. I used to fly a helicopter, and it feels just like that. It changes the experience. The rest - well, I'll know more soon.

Here are a few pics (had to post the one with two wings for fun).

The Costa Mesa team is just superb. If you have a choice of where to take delivery - they are it. Emily, my DS, was great and I was lucky to have her help me out.

I'm a happy guy!
IMG_0578.jpg
IMG_0591.jpg
IMG_0599.jpg
IMG_0607.jpg

Congrats! Love that they lined up and cheered and love the picture next to the jet. Hoping to get my hands on the yoke of a jet one day....would be way cooler than the 172 I fly. Congrats and enjoy!

ps: I see your company is a foreflight company, same foreflight all us pilots use for flight planning?

I had a P85, so the acceleration is crazy. The ride is significantly better than the S and the wind noise is noticeably absent. The windshield - oh my - I just kept looking up at stop lights. I used to fly a helicopter, and it feels just like that. It changes the experience. The rest - well, I'll know more soon.

I'm a happy guy!
View attachment 109575View attachment 109577View attachment 109578View attachment 109579
Congratz! I can't wait to see my X. I bet it was worth the wait.
Are you saying you had a P85 S? X's only come in dual motor.