Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN 4717XX Build Date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any estimate to figure out what is the build date range for a VIN 4717XX , I pulled the trigger on MSP DeepBlue 21, that showed as inventory with 15 miles odd last week, delivery is first week of march. I am in FL and the car was marked in FL too.

As I am reading posts on this forum about the horror stories for new car quality, it made me wonder if this was a rejected car. so I called the SA and "he said" noooo it is new it is coming from CA even it was marked in FL as it was planned to go to FL for a customer who cancelled the order. according to him the car the car left the factory few days ago on its way to FL thus the the march delivery date. And online when it said available in FL that mean it was already scheduled to be sent to FL for person who ordered it initially.

I know I can check the build date when I get the car but any chance we can guesstimate that range from a 4717XX VIN.

Thanks

Any estimate to figure out what is the build date range for a VIN 4717XX , I pulled the trigger on MSP DeepBlue 21, that showed as inventory with 15 miles odd last week, delivery is first week of march. I am in FL and the car was marked in FL too.

As I am reading posts on this forum about the horror stories for new car quality, it made me wonder if this was a rejected car. so I called the SA and "he said" noooo it is new it is coming from CA even it was marked in FL as it was planned to go to FL for a customer whot cancelled the order. according to him the car the car left the factory few days ago on its way to FL thus the the march delivery date. And online when it said available in FL that mean it was already scheduled to be sent to FL for person who ordered it initially.

I know I can check the build date when I get the car but any chance we can guesstimate that range from a 4717XX VIN.

Thanks
The tenth digit is the only indication of build time and it is only the model year. "N" is year 2022.

Yeah it is an N, but is there a way to know if it was Jan or Feb build?

thanks, I guess I will add this to my checklist and if it was older build I will inspect more carefully, I ordered a piant thickness gauge to check for spay or repaint panel.

thanks, I guess I will add this to my checklist and if it was older build I will inspect more carefully, I ordered a piant thickness gauge to check for spay or repaint panel.
Tesla only describes the last five as a serial number. This part might have specific date, but I don't know how to decode this.

There is no way you are gonna tell with a gauge. There has been no miraculous change in QA between Jan vs Feb.

You can probably ask your SA or get on a chat and ask for a build date.