Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN 49xxx — great delivery but here are my issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone, just thought a 49xxx newer build deserved a review.

Black on black Performance with FSD and hitch.

Ordered 9/1, received 9/24.

Body:
-Panel gaps are great to perfect!
-Paint is flawless — literally no issues minus some minor “orange peel” but nothing you’d blink an eye at.
-Scratches visible on lower plastic trim on the rear bumper but service is replacing the whole part.
-Rear inner tail lights are loose and move when touched. Hoping service can fix this easily.

Wheels:
-Rims are perfect, there was an oily residue that cleaned up easily.
-Tires had residue from the plastic wrap that took some elbow grease to get rid of.

Inside:
-Perfection — no finger prints, misaligned panels, all electronics working, all mechanicals flawless.
-Only issue inside is over bumps the pass side seatbelt rattles against the side of the car. Anyone else have this issue?

This car is an absolute dream and for those of you anticipating delivery still, I hope your experience is as good as mine!

Body:
-Paint is flawless — literally no issues minus some minor “orange peel” but nothing you’d blink an eye at.
-Scratches visible on lower plastic trim on the rear bumper but service is replacing the whole part.
-Rear inner tail lights are loose and move when touched. Hoping service can fix this easily.

Wheels:
-Tires had residue from the plastic wrap that took some elbow grease to get rid of.

Inside:
-Perfection — no finger prints, misaligned panels, all electronics working, all mechanicals flawless.
-Only issue inside is over bumps the pass side seatbelt rattles against the side of the car. Anyone else have this issue?

This car is an absolute dream and for those of you anticipating delivery still, I hope your experience is as good as mine!

Body:

Wheels:

Inside:

congratulations!’n Picked up mine from Dedham location. Vehicle is pretty much perfect. Only issue noticed on drive home is the rattle from passenger seatbelt as you noted. Let me know if you find a solution.

Very similar experience picking up 48xxx VIN today. Blue/black LR, Gemini, Tow hitch, Autopilot/no FSD.

The frunk lid appeared to have already been adjusted (bolts were worn), and looked great.

The driver's side passenger door was slightly misaligned, the tech adjusted it on the spot and is great now. Lift gate was a little high on one side, but bumper adjustment took care of it. Small paint chip on the inside edge of rear passenger door, also patched on the spot.

There were four smudges or fingerprints on the interior roof lining, and sales advisor took care of them as I inspected the car. Despite lots of deliveries, the Tyco staff were all very accommodating.

Ordered 9/1, received 9/24. - - - snip - - -
Inside:
only makes a noise when the seat is empty of course (blame covid). i just loop the lonely strap over the headrest.