Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Allocation Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been searching for this answer and finally gave up and thought I'd ask, so sorry if answered before (which I'm sure it has).

When you get allocated a VIN I understand that the Tesla Support Team know first and then later you can see it online.

1) What's normally the gap between the service team seeing it and it showing online?

2) Where do you see it online? Is the VIN number updated on the invoice?

Thanks,
Daz.

Where do you see it online? Is the VIN number updated on the invoice?

It will normally appear in the code for your Tesla Account webpage first. You can find it in a couple of ways - through your phone app or on a PC install the following and follow instructions:

Tesla VIN finder

If you don't want to install the app on your PC you can check manually by loading your Tesla Account webpage, right click on the page and select View Source. When the code comes up, press F3 for the search box and type VIN. Any occurrences of your VIN number will be displayed.

Last edited:
It will normally appear in the code for your Tesla Account webpage first. You can find it in a couple of ways - through your phone app or on a PC install the following and follow instructions:

Tesla VIN finder

If you don't want to install the app on your PC you can check manually by loading your Tesla Account webpage, right click on the page and select View Source. When the code comes up, press F3 for the search box and type VIN. Any occurrences of your VIN number will be displayed.

Thanks. Someone had said that this no longer happens with VIN numbers which is why I asked.

Been searching for this answer and finally gave up and thought I'd ask, so sorry if answered before (which I'm sure it has).

When you get allocated a VIN I understand that the Tesla Support Team know first and then later you can see it online.

1) What's normally the gap between the service team seeing it and it showing online?

2) Where do you see it online? Is the VIN number updated on the invoice?

Thanks,
Daz.
I gave them a ring and they gave me my Vin by text almost instantly.