Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN assign to Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Right around 4:00 pm Rhode Island time. The Model Y was delivered. Now I need to figure out how to shut the screen off when it's charging. I'm charging at 110 volts or about 4 miles per hour.
I had a problem trying to get it to charge for a few minutes. It kept going to red and stopped charging after a couple of seconds but after a while it got the idea and is charging ok now.

Oops. Just checked it. Screen turned off by itself. Damn thing sure is smarter than I am.

I feel like I just bought a really large smart phone that can take me places - physically.

Last edited:
Right around 4:00 pm Rhode Island time. The Model Y was delivered. Now I need to figure out how to shut the screen off when it's charging. I'm charging at 110 volts or about 4 miles per hour.
I had a problem trying to get it to charge for a few minutes. It kept going to red and stopped charging after a couple of seconds but after a while it got the idea and is charging ok now.

Oops. Just checked it. Screen turned off by itself. Damn thing sure is smarter than I am.

I feel like I just bought a really large smart phone that can take me places - physically.
4 miles per hour is pretty normal for a 120v connection. For the screen, you can also put it into screen clean mode.

There’s a PAD lock upper left side of the screen, lock the car or use the App, it should turn off the screen.

Fred